“Great stay at the Courtyard”

Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills
Ranked #111 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This Courtyard experience was excellent to say the least. The staff was very pleasant and helpful in any way possible and the room was great. The location was ideal if planning to go to Sea World and the shuttle was great, it drops off right at the entrance and picks up in the same place. I was a little worried since we flew in and didn't drive but everything that I needed was at the hotel. They had a nice bistro with good food and I even requested a microwave and refrigerator be sent to our room and they accomodated our every need. The pool was great for the kids and the poolside bar was great for the adults. Our overall experience was great and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2011

Had a great 3 night stay at this hotel and wish it had been more-the rooms were great and clenliness was excellent.
All the staff we met were indeed polite and most helpfull.
It is a drive from the hotel into San Antonio and yes you do have to pay for parking-the market and indeed the area seems to be picking up-im sure the ressision has hit San Antonio like every where else.
Had breakfast and mariachi love song at Tia verde(think thats write spelling) and got around all the city we had time to take in.
Even managed Six flags which was fine.
Recomend Rudys barbecue next to the hotel.
I booked hotel through priceline and would be extremly happy if i was sent there again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glassmen007
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is a tough review to write. I really wanted to like this hotel - and the staff was energetic and was trying so hard to make this a great hotel. Unfortunately the staff cannot make up for the facility itself.

Having spent my early career working hotels, I saw this property fell victim to a designer that understands designs but not functionality. In my suite, there were two TV's, I turned on one, they both turned - however when I changed the channel only one wuold.

The worst as that I could hear the people upstairs when they walked around. I always knew right where they were in the room. I could hear conversations in the next room and knew when the neighbors took a shower or flushed the toilet. I didn't need to set my alarm clock, I found that I was awaken every morning by someone aruond me needing to get up earlier. This morning I was awakend by neighbor who was clearing his sinuses in his bathroom.

I am surprised that Marriott hasn't learned to establish construction standards and allowed this to happen. Isn't the core of it is feeling like you can escape into your room and get a good night's sleep at the end of the day?

Hats off to the staff that were warm, freindly and did everything they could to make this a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank LAGuy90019
Reviewed October 12, 2010

From the glamorous foyer to the bathrooms in the spacious rooms, wonderful. I was in San Antonio for business and pleasure and found my accomodations to be the highlight of my trip. Thought the elevator was slow, the warm, inviting rooms made it worth the wait. Since the hotel was only six months old, everything was fresh and new, includuing the service. I would recommend this venue to all travelers. Sea world is right across the streets and Rudy's BBQ is on the corner awaiting your appetite. In addition to top notch rooms the pool, indoor and out, was a pleasure to enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This is my 2nd stay at the property and it does not disappoint. You definitely feel that you're getting a lot for your money when you stay at the hotel. This hotel is right next door to a Valero gas station and a Fairfield by Marriott property.

You get good vibes walking into the open reception area. The decor is modern yet it suits everyone. I especially like that there are mini TV screens in their dining booths, this will definitely help occupy the kids while they're waiting for their meals :)
They have a bistro/Starbucks that's open starting at 6:30am. Across from the reception area, they have a big screen that you can use to get information about restaurants, shops, weather, etc.
The room is just the right size, although I typically stay in rooms with the 1 king-sized bed. Their bedding is comfortable, although I had to use several pillows to get comfortable and not have my neck hurt while sleeping.
Their pool area looks very nice and kid friendly. It also has a swim up bar, although I haven't had the time to take advantage of it during my trips. The hotel also has a decent size fitness area.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is very close to Sea World and they provide a shuttle to and from the park. There is a convenience store next door, and a McDonalds and a Rudy's down the street.
It is still pretty much out in the middle of no where, although there is a sister property next door, and a short drive up 151 to Loop 1604 where you kind find lots of restaurants and some shopping. We found a great rate for this hotel. My advise is to find a discounted rate or save your money and stay elsewhere. For the price we paid, it just seems like, well, I guess I just expected more. More outgoing staff, I expected clean glasses in my room everyday, and to not have plastic toilet seats (that were broken) and I expected a fridge but there was no fridge, and we had a broken shower faucet that they promptly fixed. The nicest person of the staff was the over night clerk. Anytime I walked up to the counter to as a question, I was not greeted with a smile nor did I feel the staff was happy to help me. When housekeeping did not bring us clean glasses each day, we just walked down to the front lobby to get clean glasses for drinking. There are 2 computers in the business center. This is a non-smoking hotel, but there were plenty of places to smoke outside. This hotel is in a safe part of town.
The pool is awesome, with a swim up bar and 2 hot tubs, one with the inside pool and one with the outside pool. You can swim from one to the other. We had a great pool view. I would say the hotel was quiet. I am sure my kids were loud, lol.
There restaurant / food selection is very slim. Not a lot of breakfast options as I have been used to having from other Courtyards. The evening Hors d'œuvres in the lobby consisted of BBQ Meatballs and Chips and Salsa.
BTW, down town San Anotonio seems to be on the decline. Or maybe it has been for a few years since I have been there. The market center mall is like a ghost town and of course you have to pay every where you park down town. Shopping tip: Stay Out Of Downtown. If you want to shop, you can shop all you and want and park for free at one of many malls or shopping centers on the North side of town off Loop1604.
Would I stay again? If the price is right. I know my kids sure loved the hotel and of course they loved the pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My stay at the Courtyard here in northwest San Antonio was relaxing and even luxurious. The outdoor/indoor combo pool was among the nicest I have ever seen. There is a swim-up bar, two hot tubs, both indoor and outdoor pools which are connected, and two very nice splash pads for little kids. This hotel, which seemed to be recently built, was extremely clean and well-maintained. They even offer a free shuttle to SeaWorld, which was a huge benefit considering the savings versus having to pay a parking fee there. The check in process was smooth and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were well-appointed, clean, and spacious. The only thing missing was an in-room refrigerator and microwave. I didn't have the chance to sample the hotel's restaurant, but Rudy's BBQ is just up the road, and their smoked turkey is phenomenal. A McDonald's is also nearby, conspicuously located on the road to SeaWorld. There is also a convenience store located immediately adjacent to this hotel. Overall, this an absolutely great place to stay, and is highly recommended to families traveling with children. My nephew couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to swim in the pool! Once again, I must say that the pool is among the best I've ever been to.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends