“Disappointed by treatment”

Ranked #47 of 82 Coffee & Tea in San Antonio
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am a new resident to the San Antonio area and found this place on a google search of the area, It's near my chiropractor and I wanted to support a local business instead of going to Starbucks or Panera Bread.

The place is cute and quaint and seemed like an ideal place for me to get some work done. When I got there, there was a foreign language group gathered studying Spanish and other patrons studying, reading or otherwise enjoying a cup of tea or coffee. I ordered a hot tea and red velvet cupcake which were reasonably priced and grabbed a seat at table toward the side of the store. The cupcake was actually quite delicious.

I got there at about 11 am. At about 2 pm I was on a call with a client and the owner walks over to me and starts talking to me without so much as an excuse me or I'm sorry. Although I have my earpiece in, it is a tethered line and I'm holding the microphone up to my mouth talking so I don't have to speak loudly and be respectful to those around me. I put my client on hold and ask her what she is saying and she asks me if I was going to be long because other people want my table!!! My computer was open, I had a map open on the table and my notebook was out. I looked around and there was another table open toward the front and open lounge chairs! I was in total disbelief and tried to comprehend what I'm being asked since my phone conversation was interrupted. Initially I told her I was going to be a while but after I rescheduled the call with my client I immediately packed up my things and left.

She did not go to anyone else in the place and only came to me. There were two other tables of people behind me and she never asked any of them what she asked me. I've never been treated that way by anyone in a coffeehouse before. A patron sitting by me at the next table told me not to take it personally, that she was a nice lady but I couldn't tell by the way she treated me! She was not friendly, she was unapologetic and she was rude!!

I didn't walk in and sit down without purchasing anything, as a matter of fact I was getting ready to order lunch! I've eaten all over the world and always try to support local establishments. I actually felt good I was spending my money locally. My feelings were hurt and I was embarrassed because I was singled out and everyone was watching me. I will never step foot in this establishment again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. But maybe that was her point in treating me the way she treated me.

1  Thank PhoebeLaShae

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Small coffee house near union square. Kind of busy and slightly chaotic. Great value food if you are nearby. Breakfast was pretty good.

1  Thank ham382
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Why would anyone go to Starbuck's when you have a truly personal cozy place like this...LOVED IT!!!!!!

1  Thank Susana B