“Great Cat Fish PoBo”

Big Easy
Ranked #2,345 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Really great food. I was surprised at how good this was. It was a bit pricey but the quality was there to support the price. Nice people. Casual environment.

1  Thank LisaNG64
There are newer reviews for Big Easy

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had dinner here on a Friday night and waiter was owners son. He was a show by himself. Food was excellent and dessert rocked. Building wasn't much to look at but I go to have good service and good food, which we received here.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I had a taste for Cajun food, we have visited Pappadeaux here in San Antonio and we love it. The food at Big Easy Cafe was good and comparable to the food at Pappadeaux just cheaper in price. The dirty rice was well seasoned, the fish was seasoned, fresh, and hot. My wife had the blackened tilapia with Diablo shrimp over dirty rice, my wife doesn't eat rice often but she really enjoyed the dirty rice here. I got the All you can eat fried catfish and all I can say is yummy, the batter on the fish was so good...I didn't even need hot sauce for my fish because of the batter that is on the catfish. We ate so much we felt like we were going to pop, we will definitely be coming back to Big Easy Cafe and we will spread the word.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

the big easy cafe has moved to walzem rd---it is a small family restaurant( the family left new orleans after hurricane Katrina ). The food is EXCELLENT--all authenic cajun dishes,and great cajun music playing---very warm atmosphere. I had the Catfish Cocodrie ( a blackened filet, topped with shrimp & crawfish etouffee atop a bed of dirty rice, with garlic bread. it was so tasty---just the right spices. the restaurant is hard to find and you have to know it is there, but was so worth it. hopefully, it will get more promotion----wish this restaurant was in my neighborhood!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the special fried shrimp and a small bowl of etouffee w/salad at $14.95. The fried shrimp was good but the other was not. My brother had Jambalya which was dried out and terrible. It was not worth the price,