“Great place!”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Order Online
DoorDash
Ranked #154 of 5,238 Restaurants in San Antonio
Description: Dough Pizzeria Napoletana specializes in authentic Neapolitan style Pizza that is baked in a wood-burning oven at 900 degrees + in 90 seconds! Fresh Mozzarella is made and pulled daily at Dough. There is an all-Southern Italian wine list and the espresso is straight from Italy-Kimbo Coffee. There are two locations of Dough in San Antonio: 6989 Blanco Road (5 minutes from the airport) and the newest location downtown at 518 South Alamo (intersection of Alamo and Cesar Chavez) behind the Convention Center in Hemisfair Park and a few blocks from the Alamo! There is also a location in Plano, TX. There is indoor and pet friendly patio seating. Come for the pizza, the housemade mozzarella, the farm fresh salads, the housemade desserts and leave with lots of wonderful food (and great service) memories!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The in house burratta cheese was marvelous! Their pizzas are very tasty with all very fresh ingredients and the crust is delicious. Good service and location.

Date of visit: March 2019
Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for checking out Dough Downtown! We are happy that you enjoyed the food, service and our location by the Convention Center in Hemisfair!

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

This is my second time at Dough, but first at this location. It was “good” in that I was satisfied after my meal; it’s always just the right amount of food. However, $60 for two pizzas, a salad, and a glass of wine for me and waters for my boys was a bit much. And, the service was incredibly slow and disjointed for no reason at all. It wasn’t packed, but it just seemed the staff was unorganized or spread thin. Would I return? Possibly. But, it wouldn’t be a place that I would be rushing to get back to.

Date of visit: March 2019
Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for checking out Dough Downtown! We appreciate your very helpful feedback and will review your comments with our Managers and staff.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We went at 7:30 on a Sunday evening. It was busy, but we were seated quickly. It was loud which is good when you have littles. Unfortunately ours got tired of the wait so I had to walk out. In fact it was 9pm, and we still hadn’t received our pizza so they comped it. Luckily for me, there’s an amazing park right by the restaurant. It’s designed for children of all ages and abilities. There was a splash pad, other restaurants and shops, bathrooms, etc.

The food was very good. If you get the mozzarella, get one with oils and herbs as it’s pretty plain by itself.

Date of visit: March 2019
Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

We are working on ways to speed up the food delivery on extra busy nights-so, thank you for pointing this out!

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

While the weather in San Antonio was less than ideal last week our visit to Dough on Alamo more than made up for it. From the Cafe Americana right down to the Tiramasu for dessert, Dough was the best meal we've had in quite a while. Of particular interest was the antipasto plate. I've looked for a description of the compote that accompanied it. I think I saw that it's main ingredient was Moscato Grapes but I might be wrong. I would love to know what was in it!!! We've tried a couple variations at home to no avail. All in all, a fantastic meal. We will be back.

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you! I will be back in touch...

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Been to the other location multiple times, so we decided to try this one. Same menu, same food - always a good choice. If nothing else, get the Burrata!

This location is more hipster than the other location, probably due to its proximity to Hemisphere Park and the River Walk.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you for dining at our newest location downtown!