Tripadvisor
San Antonio
Post
Inbox
Search

“Don't expect good service on game nights?”
Review of Smashin Crab

Smashin Crab
Order Online
Ranked #617 of 5,480 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Maybe it was an off night 01-19-20
Our server was Nicole. This was the worst service we have had at Smashin' Crab. Seemed like the whole staff was more interested in the football game than they were about taking care of their paying guests. Nicole spent more time talking to and hanging our with her guy at the bar and staring at the TV while listening to the game on her phone and taking personal phone calls.Then other people were running her food out for her. One brought my husband his food but he won't eat without me getting my food. One of the managers brought my food out 10 minutes later. He came out with my food, stood at the hostess stand and watched the game for a good three minutes before he finally brought me my food. My husband and I were less than impressed. Completely unprofessional
Guess we should start going back to the one on Bandera Road, even though it is much further from us, but we have never had issues at that location.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed October 14, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful variety of crabs. Had a mixed platter with all different sorts, sausage, corn and just the right amount of spice. Server was friendly and place was clean and nice.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019

Our son introduced this place to us. Food is great, service is fast, management is courteous and quick to fix any issues. We've been back several times since then.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I ordered togo, the process was easy and my food was ready at the quoted time. They included everything in the bag that I would need and my order was correct.
The boiled Shrimp were very good. The price for one piece of sausage one corn and one small potato, is very high, most similar places include at least one of each. The BBQ New Orleans Shrimp appetizer was just ok, I feel it had too much beer in the recipe and not enough garlic and Worcestershire sauce.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

My Sweetheart & I went on a Sunday afternoon date. She had a taste for a lobster. So we went on our first visit to the Smashin Crab at Stone Oak. It was very busy, but we were seated in less than 30 minutes. Lauren was a excellent server. She was attentive, kind & courteous. I ordered a cup of gumbo & it was good. It had shrimp, chicken, beef & sausages. Delicious a treat. Of course my wife had the lobster. She loved it. Her lobster dish also had the red potatoes & corn. I did all the crackin for my baby. It was plenty of lobster meat. I, also had the combination basket with fried shrimp, fried catfish & Cajun fries. We polished the meal off with sweet tea & lemonade. We will be back very soon.

Date of visit: July 2019