“Very Good!”

$25.00*
The Real San Antonio Small Group Guided Tour
$49.99*
and up
San Antonio River Walk Cruise, Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Tower of the Americas...
$45.39*
San Antonio River Walk Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #23 of 268 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Majestic home belonging to the founders of the Pioneer Flour Mill.
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I decided to try this spot after reading many reviews. The house is a beautiful, historic house but I was disappointed by the rather limited menu. The service was prompt and courteous and the food I did have was very good. The French Vanilla Cake with Lemon icing was delish!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I am a bit perplexed why this is listed under attractions. I will rate this in restaurants later I guess. As far as a stand along attraction, this really is not much. But if you eat there, then it is a great place to go. We ate here only for breakfast several times. We had a variety of things, from pancakes, breakfast tacos and waffles. The fruit plate was refreshing too. And we felt it is was all priced well. As far as an attraction, it is the house of a man who founded the mill that stands there today. The name was changed to Pioneer Flour Mill. You can go upstairs and see some of the layout and gift shop. A few things should be noted though. Parking is not in the front. You have to go more towards the back of the building and find the lot for the restaurant. It is usually busy, so get there early. It is in the King Williams Historical District. Beautiful Victorian Homes form the 19th/ early 20th century. You can drive or walk around the neighborhood. Nearby also is the Blue Star Art Space. If you like contemporary art you may want to check it out. It is a series of historic warehouse buildings turned into an ...eccentric?...(Is that the right word) neighborhood. Studio lofts and galleries. You can visit anytime, but the first Friday of each month is a little more lively with street vendors and most galleries open while listening to live music played in the streets. I only mention this because it is a stones throw from the Guenther House. All situated on the San Antonio River.

2  Thank KentuckyDB
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We had a light breakfast here during our trip to San Antonio. We took the trolley ($1.10/person) on a quick ride from the Riverwalk, and arrived at the Guenther House within minutes. What a beautiful area this is! We did a quick tour of the house, and then were seated at the outdoor patio for breakafst. We each had a pastry from the case (one peach streudel and one black cherry streudel), and we also split a fruit plate. This was the perfect light breakfast in a beautiful setting. The prices on the menu were very reasonable for everything. The wait staff were very pleasant, and we really enjoyed our morning at the Guenther House!

1  Thank COtravelfan
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We ate breakfast here, in the King William area, on our last morning in San Antonio before departing for the airport. We chose to sit outside on their covered patio. Fans overhead ensure a very gentle breeze keeps you a bit cooler. The breakfast menu is not extensive. My daughter ordered the special pancakes of the day (Praline Pancakes). I ordered the cinnamon bun (it was large enough to easily feed 3-4 people), the ‘small’ fruit plate and Coffee. Everything was very good. The service was quite slow however, and I am not sure why; but everyone was polite. Maybe it was Texas’ way of telling me to slow down, sip my coffee and enjoy the fresh air.

The address listed on TripAdvisor took us to the front of the commercial mill area where the employee only parking was. So we circled the area and found the free Gunther House Restaurant Parking is actually located on S. Alamo Street.

The attached museum and gift shop is worth a peak.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We recently ate here and everything was wonderful! My daughter had the belgium waffles with fresh strawberries, and I had the breakfast tacos. We both were very pleased with our choices. If you are in San Antonio you should definately go here.