“Great view of the River & good breakfast!”
Review of Guenther House

Guenther House
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
The Real San Antonio Small Group Guided Tour
Ranked #34 of 273 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Majestic home belonging to the founders of the Pioneer Flour Mill.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We enjoyed our visit to the Guenther House visit. The breakfast & baked goods are exceptional! It is a beautiful hotel/restaurant along the river. We enjoyed the atmosphere & food. If we ever visit San Antonio again, I would love to stay here. The history of the Pioneer baking flour along with the wonderful baked goods is wonderful. They also offer a beautiful & tasty platter of fresh fruit! The gift shop is very nice too.

1  Thank Jan H
"breakfast tacos"
in 14 reviews
"house coffee"
in 8 reviews
"the king william district"
in 22 reviews
"great place for breakfast"
"sweet cream"
in 18 reviews
"the river"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We visited Guenther Hosue for the history of it, and stopped in to their little restaurant for lunch. The food was very tasty and the baked goods divine! There is a stop on the trolley line with a short walk, and you can see some lovely older architecture.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We toured the Guenther House and had lunch there. Interesting exhibits, great bakery and delicious food.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went on a Tuesday morning and waited less than 5 minutes. They serve lots of different favors of coffee, which I love! I had the waffles with blackberries and cream. Best waffles I've ever had. Husband had amazing biscuits with gravy. The gravy was just ok. The biscuits with blackberry preserves were amazing.

It's a great place in an interesting neighborhood. We walked around the block after breakfast and saw some incredible homes.

We stopped here heading to the Mission Trail from downtown. It was right on the way and super easy to get to.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We hadn't been having much luck finding great food in San Antonio until we came here for breakfast. We went on a Sunday, so it was incredibly busy. We had an hour wait. But our time was spent looking at the museum and gift shop. They provide coffee while you wait, and we also spent some time at the pastry counter, choosing delicacies.

We were sat in the old dining room. They get extra points for not cramming as many tables as possible into each space. They could easily have done so, but they chose to give their customer a more relaxed dining experience.

The food was just as great as we had heard. I am a biscuits and gravy snob, and these were probably the best I've had outside of my own kitchen! My daughter had the breakfast burritos and couldn't stop raving about them. My husband had the same breakfast as I did, and he was just as pleased. The bacon was top notch and the preserves were perfect.

But I can't wrap this up without talking about two more things. The coffee was so great, we had to buy some to take home. I cannot explain how delicious it was. But take my word for it, you will want to try some.

The last thing I want to mention is the prices. They were less expensive than most national chain restaurants. I know they could have charged twice as much and still had a waiting time of an hour. I really appreciate that they care about giving great service and great food at great prices.