“Ok If you Need a Location Near The Airport”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #147 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We spent two weeks at this hotel, and my husband will be spending several months here in the near future.
This hotel is fairly new and it is very clean.
Their breakfast selection is pretty good but could be better if the offered a little something different instead of the same thing each day, still, it was better than most.
If you are looking for peace and quiet this is NOT the place as the hotel is right next to the airport and situated at the intersection of two major freeways.
The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a two mile range. There are several restaurants that they will take you to.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank redheadedangel41

Reviewed September 24, 2010

This was actually a really great hotel except for one thing...ants. We came back from an evening on the town to find our hotel room floor covered in ants! The hotel did quickly move us to another room and did not charge us for that night. All in all very nice rooms and beds. The rooms were very clean. The hotel has a nice lobby with convienance food and drinks. The breakfast was great. Only problem was the ants.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Fairly new hotel new the new Enterprise Rental Car Lot. Make sure you enter from the 410 frontage road, or behind the hotel. Very clean, mostly quiet, decent breakfast. Internet speed was fine.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2010

This is a perfectly nice hotel, except when the planes start to take off and land in the morning. Fortunately San Antonio is a small enough city that planes aren't taking off all night otherwise you would not get any sleep in this hotel. The walls are very thin and you can hear a lot of what goes on. It is a new property, so its beds and furnishings are comfortable and not well used yet. The breakfast in the morning is a disaster. For some reason I thought that this would be a business person's hotel, but to my surprise a ton of families were staying here. Why stay at the airport when there are so many other hotels near attractions, etc in San Antonio? Must be the free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Checkin was super fast and easy which was nice after driving all day and trying to find the place. Helped that the girl working stayed on the phone with me while giving directions to make sure I made it there. (thanks Bethany), got to our room and was blown away at how nice it was. The pictures just dont do it justice. King size bed, couch (pulls out into sofa), microwave, fridge, coffee pot. Nice flat screen TV...pretty good size too. I liked how the bathrooms were split. Shower and sink/vanity in one area, bathroom and another sink in another area. Breakfast was good with eggs, sausage, waffles, fruits, yogurt, danish's, muffins, cereal etc. There was a complimentary shuttle that took us to go grab some dinner one night. Was nice to not have to try and find a place to eat. Day time staff was equally helpful! Giving directions to downtown were spot on, housekeeping did a great job on cleaning to room. Was very impressed with this hotel. There was an indoor pool, but we didnt swim in it. Looked fun though!! Staff was super friendly, as well as drivers. Will absolutely stay here again if we ever make it back to San Antonio!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IllTellYouTheTruth
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! We will share this with the General Manager & Staff.
We strive to make every experience a "memorable" one, for each guest.
Please let us know the next time you plan to visit San Antonio, so we can make your
hotel arrangements...we know you always have a choice!

Reviewed April 24, 2010

I picked this hotel vs. another location based on the pictures on the website of the interior. It was even better than pictured. The hotel is new or newer and has the most welcoming, calming feel to it. Beautifully appointed but that's nothing compared to the room!

The room was laid out beautifully for either work or social. The colors were watery colors of blue and green with dark wood and frosted glass. Absolutely gorgeous! We would have liked to take the chaise couch home with us but we would have needed the two movable tables in front of it as well. And the desk area made me want to work!

Due to the weather we ended up spending a good part of every day in the room and due to the comfort and workability, we had a great time!

This is my idea of the perfect hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel just for 1 night, but that was 1 night too many!

We checked in very late, around 10 p.m. The front desk clerk, Michael, could have cared less. He didn't seem to know anything about the hotel when we asked him questions, like when the breakfast was the next morning. or if the sofa sleeper had linens in the room. We had our 13 year old son with us. He had just turned 13, and this was a surprise birthday trip for him, so we wanted everything to be nice for him.

I chose this hotel because it was fairly new, and they sounded nice on the phone, and the rates were good. Ha! My son and I went in to look at the pool, and to our DISGUST and HORROR, there was a young couple MAKING OUT in the pool!! We were both VERY embarrassed, and so were they! Obviously, they weren't about to leave, so we did! What kind of hotel is this? Definitely NOT something I wanted my son to witness! And after that experience, we definitely were NOT interested in swimming in the pool!!!

When we got up to our room, there was just 1 blanket for the sofa bed, no linens! This is WHY we asked Michael downstairs about them. My husband called the front desk, and spoke to Michael and told him the problem. 30 minutes later, still no linens! We were just about to call back, when Michael called us and asked what we needed! Didn't he hear us the first time? Another 15 minutes went by, and FINALLY, the linens arrived! So, our son had to wait 45 minutes before he could go to bed because of the hotel's incompetence!! Nice to feel so welcome! HA!!

The breakfast the next morning was so-so. Nothing great, but I guess for free you can't complain much. There was a big group of kids, so it was fairly crowded and not a big selection of items. It was hard to get to the items, because these kids were all crowded around the waffle machine, so it was hard to get by them.

When we checked out, I complained to the girl at the front desk and asked for a business card for the manager. I emailed him when I got home about our unsatisfactory stay and STILL have not had a reply back. Guess he doesn't care either!

I have since called the Marriott 800 number, and told them of our experience. The customer service rep told me that the manager DOES need to respond to me, and took some notes down as I re-iterated everything again to her, but so far, nobody has called back, and still no email from the manager. Nice, eh? I guess he only wants to hear positive comments.

Marriott, you may want to take a closer look at this new hotel and their incompetent staff! It's too bad that such a new hotel is ruining the Marriott reputation! I always thought very highly of the Marriott chain until this happened.

We will NEVER stay here again, and will think twice about staying in any other Marriott properties too, since NOBODY seems to care about replying back. I have told all my friends and family to stay away!

We stayed at a WONDERFUL EMBASSY SUITES in Houston, Texas for 8 nights before this hotel. Maybe Marriott should take a lesson from the HILTON properties! We will be staying at Hilton hotels from now on.

AVOID this place by all means!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family