“Clean and central location”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #151 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I really like this property and stay here often on business. The staff is great and even save me my specific room when I make a new reservation. Rooms are modern, beds very comfortable and they're great for working at a well-equipped desk that is very well lit and comfortable. Rooms on the west side seem to be quieter than those on the east side from highway noise. Also, the rooms on the west side have glass-door showers and the ones on the east have curtained showers. Free decent breakfast, free parking. Airplane noise starts about 6am so don't plan on much napping here, but it is a good north-central SA location, 3 minute drive to the Airport and 10-15 minute drive to downtown.

Room Tip: West side rooms (odd numbered) are quieter and have nicer showers than on the east side. If necessar...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Warren B
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I am the most finicky hotel guest. I'm neurotic over cleanliness and climate in my room. This room was $100 bucks and as nice as every five star hotel I use. It was imaculate, the room had two queen beds with a sitting area and kitchenette. What more can you want for that price. Awesome.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank twinmommy1
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have to admit, I love the new SpringHill Suites. I'm sold. They have obviously put a tremendous amount of time and effort into determining exactly what business travelers need and they execute it flawlessly.

For example, the TV can be seen from either the sitting area or the bedroom. There is access on the front of the TV cabinet to plug in your iPad or even a USB. There are power outlets everywhere -- 4 at the desk alone!!

There is a split bath, and both have pocket doors (which I think is genius -- it really frees up a lot of space and gives the illusion of a much larger bathroom)

Bedside LED lamps, lots of seating. They even took advantage of the space over the air conditioner for a storage shelf. Love it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stay at this hotel often for business. The rooms are clean and spacious. Each one has two sinks and a private room for the restroom facilities. The hotel has a well-lit parking lot which is comforting. They also have a complimentary airport shuttle. The free wifi is hassle free and easy to login to. This Springhill suites is the newest of the "business traveler" class of hotels around the area so it's still fairly clean and shiny, however I'm sure that can't last forever. Get in while the gettin's good!

Room Tip: Ground Floor has higher ceilings
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank austinyl
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night after flying into San Antonio. Overall a nice, quiet, decent place to stay. I enjoyed the spaciousness of the room and liked the sitting area with the couch. One negative was the separate shower and bathroom/toilet. It was a pain to have to move from one place to the other to go to the bathroom, then shower, and then move back to the first place to shave and brush your teeth. Other than that, I'll probably stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

PROS - Hotel room is nice and modern. Very spacious. Like the split of the toilet area and the shower. Shower is very nice. Nice shower heads. Mini fridge and microwave oven was convenient. For the price not a bad value.

CONS - Front desk staff very unprofessional and not interested in providing good customer service. It was almost as if I was walking up to a McDonalds counter where some minimum wage kid was only interested in doing the minimum he has to for his job. (Although I have found some McDonlads where the service was better than this front desk staff!). We were out the whole day and were tired and sweaty. Both me and my wife took showers and we ran out of towels for the next day. When I asked for towels, the man at the counter said we only have pool towels. Now these pool towels are about the size of a paper napkin (ok so I am exaggerating!) but trust me they were VERY SMALL!! The brakfast was pathetic! I would not be surprised if they bought wholesale frozen ready made eggs, sausage, etc and just heated them up because that is what it exactly tasted like!

For a Marriott this is a surprise and a BIG disappointment!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BeachSunNBeer
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here recently for two separate non-consecutive nights for both catching and returning from flights. There are good things and bad to consider. Overall I would likely not chose to stay here again. We chose this place for their great online rate and the proximity to the airport (5 minutes) and they offer a free airport shuttle and free airport parking (maybe ?). Upon check-in we were told that they were now charging a $10.00 a night airport parking fee ! This came as a shock as we had done our research and even spoken to one of their associates to confirm this. When we complained we were told it "was new" and they "just started" charging ! and that the information was not yet posted on their website ! What ?! We had to argue the point and then by coincidence the clerk / associate who had actually helped us with our reservation showed up and we explained the situation. When he was told of the "new fee" he replied to his own co-worker "since when ?" The first clerk was either clueless or trying to scam us. Nonetheless we did not end up paying to park there for a few nights. As for the airport shuttle, the early morning shuttle to the airport was fine, but there were problems on the return flight pick up. Like one of the other reviewers had suggested we too waited 40 minutes for our pick up - even after calling twice ! (Its about one mile - 5 minutes in traffic). While we were waiting at the airport the other hotel shuttles came and went three times ! And when he finally arrived the van smelled of smoke. Overall the room was nice, clean and comfortable. However, we never had enough towels or wash cloths. There always seemed to be missing something. One should also note that they do post ominous warnings in the rooms about not leaving items in your car due to potential theft. The warnings were so well posted that it gave me an uneasy feeling. When I asked the desk clerk when was the most recent theft he replied "just last week." Yikes.
And like the other reviewers stated the breakfast is disappointing for a Marriott. I expected a higher quality. They also posted that breakfast is served until 9:30 am, but one morning it closed at 9:10. Glad we had gotten their at 9:00. If you are a fan of Spring Hill because of their bars and cocktails, please note that this one does not have a bar. They have applied for their license as that was posted, but currently they do not have one. They do have a nice snack bar / sundry counter near the front desk. We found our rooms to be clean, which is most important. And I do like the two sinks and separate toilet if you are a couple and both are trying to get ready at the same time. Even though the room was clean, we found the lobby and grounds in need of cleaning, trash pick-up, vacuuming, etc. So, there was some good and some bad, but there was more bad so we will not likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple