“Good Stuff”

Aloft San Antonio Airport
Ranked #145 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good start as I begin my road trip and flights back to Japan this weekend. The check-in rep was friendly and informative...she offered to call me a cab in the a.m. to catch early flight. However, it would have been nicer to have a hotel shuttle service available for early flights. My first time at this hotel and big surprise was I was thinking the room might be more studio style with high ceilings, which is not the case. Next surprise was the free "signature drinks" deal/package I purchased that was limited in what I could order...my review of the offer was it would be top shelf drinks, which was not the case and was not offered to pay the difference to upgrade a drink that seemed like a rip off to me. Shower was ok but billed as a super deal. Overall everything was "ok" and not sure if I will return if given the choice.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William P
There are newer reviews for Aloft San Antonio Airport

Reviewed November 10, 2012

First off, this reservation was made for my employees. I made the reservation and they screwed it up. I was CONFIRMED in a room with 2 queen beds over the phone with central reservations, for 3 nights and I was sent my confirmation as usual. I am a usual customer of this hotel and I will not stay here again. Once my employees arrived, they were told that the reservation was only for one night, although it was confirmed to me that it was for 3 nights. The first night they were in the room they were supposed to have, with 2 beds. I called the central reservations back and explained my problem and he quickly put them in another "CONFIRMED" room with 2 beds for the remaining 2 nights...well, my employee called me this morning to tell me they put him in a room with one bed, despite it being confirmed to me they were in a room with 2 beds. I called the central reservations back and they opened a claim for me, and someone is supposed to call me back...but now, even though it is the hotel's fault & not mine, I can not cancel my reservation, even though it is for something that is NOT what I was told I am getting. AWFUL SERVICE, DO NOT STAY HERE...and this is from a usual customer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CM90
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were looking for a place where we could stay to pick up our new puppies, and I came across this place, as I stayed here while at a meeting the week before. I relaized that they are pet-friendly at checkout, as a girl was checking in with a small dog. The hotel is in a great loocation, with a nice outdoor area for animals. The fire pit was great during the cold front over the weekend. The staff are wonderful, very kind, and very accommodating. It's a trendly look, but not overly so. I'm very conservative, and I really like this place. We will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel belongs to Starwood Hotels and is MY FAVORITE place to stay in San Antonio. If you are planning on staying somewhere that is close to downtown, the riverwalk, etc...Don't stay here. Aloft is on the other side and it's a small trip into "town." However, don't let this discourage you. It is conveniently placed and the only thing involved to making the trip to the riverwalk and the Alamo is a quick jump on the highway.Even though it is not close to many of the main attractions in San Antonio, it is conveniently located with easy access to the airport. There is also a large mall and shopping center around this hotel with bars, comedy club, shopping, etc. The first time we came here, we stayed for three nights with my sister-in-law who was visiting from Seattle. The first night we went out and saw the Riverwalk, and the second day we made a trip around town with one of my friends who is a local. The second night we decided to stay in the hotel area, and we actually just visited the bar in the hotel and chilled out by the pool and the big fire pit things outside. It was very relaxing and my favorite part of the trip. As for the room, the beds were VERY comfortable and our room was spotless. The hotel staff was friendly and very accomodating, including taking care of arranging our taxis and giving us information about things to do in the city. I will stay here again next time I am in San Antonio.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be located conveniently...As with other Starwood Hotels, don't walk i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is a very Modern hotel and my boss really didnt care for it, it was too I am not sure what word to you but I loved the hotel it was very nice and clean and the rooms are really set up nice too.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are pretty much the same
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I want to thank you all the people that made our stay at the Aloft unfogettable. When we arrivee to the airport, Mr. Emmanuel went to pick us up with a beautiful smile, kindness and goodness!!!! Upon our arrival we were received by Nicole at the front desk with a warm welcome and with excellence she solved all our needs in a very fast way. During our stay we also met Saul at the Front desk, ready to solve all our problems with a huge quality service. During our stay we needed to go for business to several places around and Mr. RAMON was WONDERFUL, with great knowledge he adviced us where to go, how to reach every place at the minimum time. Ramon made us feel like home. And we also met Bryan who was kind and talented. We were really surprised that during the mornings while we were preparing our business meetings very very early, Mr. Roman was there, greeting us, smiling at us, trying to find the way to help us in our needs. The hotel has a great location for doing business, pleasure and for medical purposes. The rooms are clean. Thank you to Miss. Dulce who always made our rooms look clean and wonderful. Besides the great facility of this hotel, even it is small, the treasure you will find there is its WONDERFUL TEAM OF WORK, that make your stay indeed unforgettable. THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOU !!!! i wish and hope to be back there soon!!!! May God bless you always!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is great, but you can ask for a bigger room and a bigger shower, if you are very tall. Ou...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is a small branch of W hotels. Extremely modern and looks great. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, dogs stay free no extra charge. Parking is free and plenty of parking. Breakfast is NOT included but downstairs they have a nice snack bar an very well set up. Staff is awesome and very friendly. It's right smack in the middle of many shops within walking distance. 10 minutes from the airport and airplanes do not effect your stay. XYZ bar is like a lounge. It's awesome. Small. It was packed Friday night but not overwhelming they even have a pool table next to bar.

I paid 89$ a night and will definitely stay again or at any ALOFT hotels again. U enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

RIVERWALK AND ALAMO: about 15 minutes away and you pay for parking in one of their garages.

SEAWORLD: about 10 minutes the other way and you must pay for parking there as well.

ALOFT SHUTTLE: takes you anywhere within a five mile radius including the airport.

Very adult vibe here. Young adults. Vibe is modern and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012