“Lunch Buffet ....”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The lunch buffet is a great way for starters who are trying something new ... the server you have to wave them over or if they are just standing near the buffet serving line to tell them what you need.. it does get pretty busy during lunch time ...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very good take out service; wonderful dining area; food was excellent. Would definitely choose to eat there again.

1  Thank clensheri
Reviewed October 22, 2012

we bought 20$ coupon of 40$ value for the same restaurant through Groupon. On the day of our visit to san antonio i ordered for corn and chicken soup and spicey chicken chettinad curry with rice, what i got as soup was, in some curry water few corn kernels and chicken peices, with a pich of salt more. We didn't like the taste at all, none of us had that , we kept it aside and waited for chicken. After some time my chicken curry came, Oh my God I cant belive, i was yuck. In water tomato onion and chicken peices with lot of mustad, not properly boiled, no salt and chilly at all. it was too costly too. I was not able to eat atleast one spoon of rice. Actually it ruined my day like anything :(

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious food, adorable young waitress, all family owned, and decent price. Many local Indian customers there, obviously considered authentic food by Indian locals and family. They can also serve parties in the back. The atmosphere is certainly not spectacular, but decent enough. The servings are huge, next time we will likely order several appetizers, instead of full dishes.

1  Thank Mara B
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Every time I come to San Antonio to see my mom, we come to eat lunch here. The food is outstanding and the restaurant is beautiful. I have only eaten during the lunch buffet so the service is just so-so unless you are lucky enough to get Julio, who is very attentive. I highly recommend Mela's to anyone who likes Indian food at its best.