“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious food, adorable young waitress, all family owned, and decent price. Many local Indian customers there, obviously considered authentic food by Indian locals and family. They can also serve parties in the back. The atmosphere is certainly not spectacular, but decent enough. The servings are huge, next time we will likely order several appetizers, instead of full dishes.

1  Thank Mara B

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Every time I come to San Antonio to see my mom, we come to eat lunch here. The food is outstanding and the restaurant is beautiful. I have only eaten during the lunch buffet so the service is just so-so unless you are lucky enough to get Julio, who is very attentive. I highly recommend Mela's to anyone who likes Indian food at its best.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The food is average, not great but not awful either. They will accommodate your desired level of heat, which is a plus for me because I find too many Indian restaurants make their food too bland or too salty for those of us that are very familiar with good Indian cuisine. There are better Indian restaurants in San Antonio than Mela, but Mela is worth the stop if you are in that area of town.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I went to this restaurant last night around 7PM. It was a Saturday evening and there were about five tables occupied. We were seated with our menus, and waited and waited to get served. The waiter served another table dinner and also gave another table water when the rest of their group arrived. My husband thought he had made eye contact with the watier but he never came. The restaurant isn't very big, so it wasn't like we were tucked away in a corner or something.

The menu prices were expensive-about $14 a plate, and we thought it wasn't worth it if they wouldn't even serve us water! We walked out and the girl who sat us and a young gentleman who stood beside her didn't seem to care. We said that we had been sitting there for 15 minutes waiting to be served, so we were going to walk out. They mumbled something we couldn't understand, but didn't seem to care.

It was frustrating since we drove about 25 mintutes from home to eat there based on the good reviews from others. We ended up eating Mexican food closer to home. We shouldn't have wasted our time and neither should you!

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Best Indian Food in San Antonio. The service was great and the portions are huge. My husband and I could easily share a meal. I highly reccommend this restraunt to anyone interested in Indian cuisine. The atmosphere is classy and relaxing. They also have an excellent bar if you wish to have a cocktail. =)

1  Thank lina22g