“The whole family loved this tour!”

The Alamo Ghost Hunt Tour
Ranked #30 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Not only do we have A+ rating with the B.B.B. We Have been at the top of San Antonio's best entertainment list for the last 8 years We were voted one of the top ghost tours in America by TripAdvisor 2009. We have been mentioned in more magazine, books and newspapers than all the other ghost tours in San Antonio put together. It's just fun!
Maryville, Missouri, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The whole family loved this tour!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a fantastic tour! J.R. is knowledgeable, interesting, believable and very likable. The kids had a great time, and my husband and I enjoyed it too. It is great entertainment for all ages! We walked a mile, although it didn't seem like a mile at all. But, I would recommend being rested up a bit. If you spend the entire day walking, rest for a few hours before you go, so that you enjoy it more. J.R. showed us the old area of the downtown district and was full of great information regarding the many eras and interesting facts and stories about the downtown area and the Alamo too. He provided more factual information regarding the Alamo and it's original location than we learned at the Alamo itself. He was able to show us exactly where the original walls stood (that was very cool!!) He has clearly spent many years researching these stories first hand. He delivered the information matter-of-factly, and not silly or spooky. I had originally booked another tour, and he left us hanging...he was a no-show. J.R. let us come the next night and made my 9 year old son the happiest boy ever! I feel so blessed that we ended up touring with J.R. and Karen! We felt like we had made two new friends. Be sure that you make contact with J.R and stay close...don't miss a single word. We had such a great time, I highly recommend this tour!

Visited May 2013

Greenville, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very fun way to spend an evening in downtown San Antonio.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This tour is a fun way to spend an evening in San Antonio. Equipment us provided to make the tour more interactive; I especially enjoyed playing with the dowsing rods. I learned a lot about the general history of San Antonio as well as the darker side of the city's history. In fact, I was inspired to visit a few of the sites during the, simply to learn more about them! A few crude comments were made by the tour guide, so if you are quite sensitive or have small children, this tour may not be for you. All in all, I had a great time, and would recommend the tour to other travelers.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HPeterPoo
Detroit, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No one has urinated on The Alamo since Ozzy Osbourne!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

JR was the best ghost tour guide ever! Being on this tour was like being transported to the 1980s movie, Ghostbusters! We even got to point a dowsing rod at a Yeti!!

Visited May 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun tour!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My friend and I signed up for the trip last minute and glad we did, it was the funnest part of our trip in San Antonio. JR was a great guide and you can tell he is very knowledgeable. Didn't see any ghosts but the dowsing rods were fun to play with and we learned alot about the history of all the sites. I plan on bringing my husband the next time we visit! Make sure to bring water and walking shoes.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank katrinep87
Palestine, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Tour Trip”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had a great experience with Alamo Ghost Hunt Tours. The tour was fun and had great facts and history about San Antonio. I posted a very detailed review but it was rejected by trip advisor because i posted a link to a short film in my review. The short film is called Los Espiritus de San Antonio just type the name of the film in google it its in English. This film is how I found Alamo city ghost tours and it is why I paid money to experience the tour. You will not be disappointed its great fun for everyone. The tour is about 90 minutes long so bring some good shoes. I hope you enjoy your tour.

Visited August 2012