“Nice Stay”

Ranked #29 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Nice hotel, nice staff. Lobby was having a party near the pool, but could not hear the nosie much from my room which was facing the music. Rooms are nice and modern. Hallways not noisey. I did however see trash on the table near the elevator sat there for two days at least when I was there it was never removed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NYC
Reviewed October 8, 2009

From start to finish, this was a great hotel. The front desk receptionist was very helpful. We liked that is was a "green hotel," which meant that they kept the lights off in the rooms when no one was staying in them. This best part of this hotel is the outdoor lounge. The worst part is that it's behind a Whataburger, but overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
vickie2267
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Let me start by saying that I booked this hotel after reading some very mixed reviews. I was hoping perhaps they had some time to work out some of it's issues. I won't say that we were completely dissappointed but this hotel really needs to work on some issues...First of all we had wait at least 10 min. every morning for hot water in the shower . We were also very upset that at the end of our busy day we wanted to kick back at the bar and have a bite to eat and a drink that they were out of food!! We asked the cook what was going on and he did not have any idea. We were also not pleased with having to pay 15.00 a day for valet parking!! Most of the time we would park the car ourselves which is not any cheaper but at least you don't have to sit in your car for 10 min. and wait for someone to park it. I would probably not stay here again with all the other choices in the area....This hotel needs some help!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vickie2267
austin tx
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This hotel looks great on the outside, but has some major flaws. Housekeeping was very poor and inconsistent. Sometimes trash was not emptied in the room. first morning no newspaper, but I did get it on the second morning. I was told that they were discontinuing this service, but everyone else on the floor got one. ( I did not get one due to the excess trash it generated.) On the second day, the housekeeping service did not provide everything that was used. No coffee cups, glasses, etc. The reason was it was due to sanitary reasons and liability issues. I raeceived only 2 towels and no bath mats. Excuse me -- this is a liabilty hazard, if you are concerned about this. I also slipped in the show. No bath tub, also unsanitary. Everything is stored in little baskets, which look every modern, but are hard to reach. If I had been traveling with my spouse, he would not have been able to reach the towels. Not enough counterspace to take care of my morning preparations. 6 inches is not enough space. bathroom door blocks acess to the shower and part of the vanity. Bed and pillow look good, but there is not enough pillows. The is suppose to be a restaurant, but it is not marked where I could find it. there is also no signs to indicate where rooms are located. The manager had many excuses as to why there was problems, but was irritated that I had discussed these with him. Design flaws have nothing to do with him,but he should not make up reasons for the other issues. I have gotten much better value for my money at a Hampton Inn or La Quinta. any business traveler or shopper at La Cantera should avoid this place

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank RobinAustinTx
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I can honestly say I have never written on one of these sites in my life, but the comedy of multiple problems at this hotel is very sad. I travel for business at least 2 nights a week and recently started traveling to San Antonio. The first night I left the breakfast order on the door at 9:45 pm, (it had to be there by 11pm). It was still there in the morning, so no breakfast. They obviously decided they were going to actually pick up the door hangers. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk in the morning, and showed her the door hanger with the breakfast order on it, she said "what is that?". I told her it was her own room service breakfast order and she then made a very feeble apology attempt. As I left for business that day I assumed at the very least I would return to a note from the manager or something...nothing. As I left that morning I noticed dirty dishes stacked on the tables by the elevator on my floor. That night they were still there. Night 2 the hotel which is only about 6 or 8 floors was holding some sort of event throughout their entire lobby and bar area with a live band and people everywhere. They had even set up a valet parking company to handle the parking. There isn't that much parking to begin with, but even as a guest I was told I couldn't self park in any of the spots near the hotel they were reserved for the valet company and event, (remember this isn't that big of a place). So I ended up parking several lots away to accommodate their little lobby party of non-guests. Then I got to listen to BLARING music throughout my room, not from the live band mind you, but from a loudspeaker that shoots out the front of the hotel to the overhang for dropping people off. There isn't even any parking on that side of the building and there were no people out there, but the speaker blared on. I let it go until just after 11pm and then called the front desk and was told the bar was open until midnight. Are you kidding me. Stay away from here. Bad service, no apologies and a hotel that doesn't seem interested in assisting their guests as much as visitors. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business