“Good location”

Ranked #29 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Good location”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on February 8, 2013. We used points for the stay. The property was adequate, but not at all what I'd hoped. I've never stayed at a Four Points, so maybe I expected too much. The room air conditioner/heater was extremely noisy and didn't seem to cool efficiently. We had 2 bath towels which I didn't notice until getting in the shower. Really, 2 towels for 2 people. They were pretty rough at that. The breakfast buffet was OK, but my husband was annoyed by the officious manner of the server. There were no beverages in the lobby after 10:30 which was a surprise. The location was exactly what we needed, but I will not choose another Four Points any time soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I traveled with a sports team and I could not have been treated any nicer. I was accommodated on doing some special things for the players and their parents--all with big grins and a "what else can we do for you?" attitude. I just loved the wait staff in the breakfast area--the ladies were quick with the coffee and always asking how we were doing and the buffet items were kept available. The ladies were busy, busy, busy, getting tables ready for newcomers, and taking away dirty dishes. Yet, always took time to check in diners. No waiting. I really appreciated the chef Adrian, too, because of his sunny morning disposition and delightful meals. A lot of good choices for dining and the food was always tasty. Great coffee, too! Friendly, Helpful, Interested catering staff. Very, very clean & inviting dining environment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Modern hotel with comfortable beds and pillows. Complimentary coffee and tea available in room. Only thing lacking was a microwave. Very nice patio area with pool. Great location. Close to La Cantera shopping mall and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just couldn't let great service go unrecognized. Our server Angelica was wonderful in spite of the obstacle that came her way. On each day of our stay (2 days) she showed superior customer service to my husband and I as well as to other customer. There were times when the restaurant was full and as we noticed, she was the only person working (serving, clean tables and taking orders). She handled the situation with the utmost professionalism and a smile. This is what GREAT customer service is. I only hope that they will get her some help but even without it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you want to stay in a hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, super comfortable beds, very clean rooms, excellent amenities, this is your hotel. It is centrally located with a wide variety of eating places very close by and right behind the hotel is the famous and place to see La Cantera Shopping Center. It is safe and it is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to go to Sea World to celebrate Christmas and New years. While looking for a hotel around Sea World San Antonio, and since I usually prefer staying at a Starwood property, I came across this hotel to stay for 4D/3N. It was a disappointment.

The first night we stayed, the air conditioner/heater broke, so we just decided to stay under the blanket in a cold San Antonio night. We informed the front desk that our heater did not turn off/on the next morning and that we spent the whole night in the cold under the blanket and she said she will have someone look into it.

As with the other reviews, the housekeeping was terrible. I have never stayed in a starwood property with this low level of service. Most starwood property I stayed in had great housekeeping service, but this hotel is definitely an exception. The first night we arrived, the shampoo is half empty, the next day, we thought well, they should replace the toiletries anyway but Noooo!!, they never did. So we called the 3rd day to housekeeping to ask them to replace the toiletries only to be asked - which one do we need ? They are definitely very stingy when it comes to toiletries, so better bring your own if you stay in this hotel.

Another reason why I would give the housekeeping 0 star is the cleanliness of the room. We have a daughter that stayed with us and she had some chocolates and smudged some of it in the pillow and the bedsheets the first night, when we came back from Sea World, the room was cleaned up the the chocolate smudges were still very much there in both the pillows and bedsheets. We called housekeeping again and made sure they changed it, but they informed that they will change the next day.

Towels - first day, there were 4 towels, 2nd day, 3 towels, by the 3rd day, there were only 2 towels. Again, have to call housekeeping.

I have to ask myself, who is the housekeeping manager ? is this a starwood property ? am I staying at motel 8?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marcus M, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review on TripAdvisor. The cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms is a top priority at the Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Northwest. Based on your comments we have made some adjustment to our housekeeping procedure to make sure we provide our guest with a great stay. We apologize for the experience you had at the property and hope that you will return in the future.
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Centrally located in downtown San Antonio and at a great price. Even left my phone and the staff turned it in and are mailing it home for me. Very clean room and walking distance to main parts of down town. Recommend it and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends