“Very Clean Hotel”

Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera
Ranked #36 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 23, 2012

From the moment I was picked up at the airport to the time I checked out, the staff went above and beyond my expectations. The property was very clean, and it looked like they had a big conference going on, and they still managed to keep the property spotless. Elias Contreras the GM was very nice and helpful as well as the Front Desk Staff.

Thank you for a great stay, I will be back

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsSANW, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Thank you so much for being our guest. We certainly appreciate your business. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Please visit us again soon on your next visit to San Antonio - we would love to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

The hotel front desk staff was friendly upon arrival and throughout my stay if I needed anything. The location is very close to the Shops at LaCantera, and I ended up walking there, which was nice. The room appeared clean, but housekeeping forgot to tend to the coffee machine, and someone old coffee ground bag was still in the machine. Ew. On the second night, one of the guests decide to start smoking in their room (of course, not the hotels fault, really, as they post signs everywhere saying not to smoke!!), which then filtered into my room through the vent...and this was at about 11pm at night. I notified the hotel staff, but I'm unsure if anything was done about it. It made my night miserable, as I am allergic to cigarette smoke and got a headache, sore throat, etc. :( The food at Sabor was really good, as was my waiter. However, girl who works there appears very unhappy and was glaring at me while I was eating my food...really not sure why! It made me feel pretty uncomfortable. She could take some cues from the other hotel staff and learn how to smile. It makes a big difference. They left a card in my room offering incentives if I declined housekeeping services...but this was only left for me on the last night of my stay. I brought this up to the lady at the front desk, and she apologized, and gave me my rewards credit, which was very nice. I would stay here again if I needed to be in this immediate location, otherwise I would probably choose elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

I would like to thank you very much for providing such honest and detailed comments on your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments and suggestions are so important to all of us at the Four Points San Antonio Northwest.
I am sorry for the inconveniences encountered during your stay with us. I have addresssed these issues with the appropriate department managers and certainly will be training on these issues so that we will be better able to service all future guests.
Again, I am so sorry and certainly appreciate you being our guest.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This Property was extremely Clean, staffed by friendly helpful staff in fact the only problem I had is that 2 days after our stay I tried to book another night only to find out that the price had gone up $40. Our initial stay was a Saturday so I was surprised to see that price difference for a Monday. The Staff said they had no control on pricing as it was all set by the Main Office out of State.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments and most importantly - for being our guest at the Four Points San Antonio Northwest.
It is good to know that you enjoyed our clean hotel and friendly staff - we strive every day to make sure we give our best to our guests.
Also, I am sorry to hear about our hotel prices not meeting your expectations. Our hotel leadershp team and Starwood teams do a very thorough job daily to make sure that we offer the best rate locally - and I am proud to say that we are very competitive with our hotel services, products and room rates.
Again, thank you so much for our guest.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I wante to say this hotel really stood out in my mind from all the Sheraton properties I have visited over the years. They had a very busy weekend but treate each guest as if they were the only guest. The assistance our group recieved from Reggie, Briana and Angel was truly first class!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

It is so good to read comments such as yours. Thank you so much for being our guest and for your business.
We will make certain that Reggie, Briana and Angel are aware of your kind comments - and we are very proud of them too.
Again, Thank You!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and family have stayed at this hotel numerous times because of its location to UTSA, where my daughter was a student, but also to shopping, Fiesta Texas, Seaworld and a hop and a skip from the Hill Country. The staff always provides excellent and friendly service and the hotel and room is always very clean and comfortable. However, for whatever reason, we have never eaten at the hotel restaurant. During our recent stay on February 17, 2012, we were going out for supper, but it was raining and cold so we decided to try the hotel restaurant and we would go to a "better" restaurant the next day. Much to our surprise, both our meals, including desert, were excellent. The best part was that Chef Lugo himself took our order, then went back to prepare the meal. We also ate breakfast and supper the next day as well, both excellent. It just goes to show, that the best things in life are right under your nose. Chef Lugo, you are one of the best!....Pete and Delia Claudio, San Benito, Texas.

1  Thank Pete C

I am glad to know that the Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Northwest was an ideal choice for you and your family on your recent stay in San Antonio.

One of the great things about our hotel is the convenience! We are convenient to: University of Texas San Antonio, The Shops at La Cantera, SeaWorld San Antonio and the famous Texas Hill Country - making our hotel the ideal choice when visiting San Antonio.

We certainly appreciate your comments and thankful for your business. Please come back and visit on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

A really well done new build Four Points with a great pool and patio area for the warmer days of the year. The room was comfortable and large, absolutely no complaints there.

That said, both the Google Maps AND SPG mapping of the property are incorrect, we wandered all over the northwest part of town looking for this place and the Night Auditor admitted that this had been a problem since opening . . . and why hasn't it been fixed?
Also, even though this is very close to the best mall in San Antonio, it feels completely isolated with nothing conveniently nearby. You have to go one way, loop back, pass under and overpass and then make your way up to the mall to get to a restaurant. Certainly could be more complicated, but it is by no means convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Manny S

Thank you so much for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Northwest. We appreciate you being our guest.
Also, I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience of our hotel you experienced during your stay. Our hotel team strives to make sure that our hotel information is as up to date as quickly as possible on the online websites - we will be making sure this is addressed.
Again, thank you so much for being our guest and for your comments, so that we are better able to serve all future guests.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here on a return trip from West Texas (Fort Davis) --just an overnight stop.

On and off for I-10 is very good as well as to a major shopping mall with restaurants--all within a few minutes. In fact from the mall and restaurants return to the hotel is on the access road that is on the same side of the loop as the hotel a short two blocks away.

Location of the hotel is on the north portion of the 1604 Loop heading West just a few miles from I-10/I-35.

It is an excellent hotel--just a couple of years old. Very nice looking. Plenty of tables and chairs around the outside pool area. Very well kept. Very friendly and helpful personnel. And the price was reasonable for the season (with the AARP senior discount).

The hotel has a bar (with plush chairs) and restaurant. The food is good and the prices are fair.

A couple of suggestions were made to the front desk--need to have bars of soap for the shower and the sink (not just the sink) being the most important. We had no problem getting extra soap and coffee bags.

We have this one on our radar as a stopover point or even a San Antonio destination since it's very convenient to the interstate for going downtown and to the Riverwalk area, and the price for a room should be right.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the building away from the loop have less noise and also look out towards...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsSANW, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Four Points San Antonio Northwest as your choice hotel for your recent overnight stop in San Antonio. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and have you experiece our hotel as our guests.

And you are correct when pointing out that our hotel is very much conviently located off Loop 1604 and less than a mile away from Highway I-10 - makign our hotel ideal for travelers visiting San Antonio! I also want to thank you for the housekeeping suggestions, this informatino was passed over to our housekeeping department for further follow up.

Again, thank you for choosing the Four Points and we hope that you will visit us soon on your next visit to San Antonio.