“Korea at home..you need to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ilsong Garden

Ilsong Garden
Ranked #910 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North Central
San Antonio, Texas
“Korea at home..you need to go!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This was a nice surprise! Authentic Korean cuisine that I remember from my tour from Korea. The staff were so warm and friendly like they are in Korea. They greeted us like we were coming into their house. We had the Yaki Mandu, vegatable pancakes, beef Bulgogi and the Jam dang (spicy seafood soup). Everything was right on the money to include those little dishes of kimchi served with your meal. You have to try this restaurant! Next time, I will post pictures. People don't miss out on this great place.

• Visited April 2012

Texas
“Ah So Good”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Today we went to Ilsong Korean B-B-Q for a good friend's birthday. The diners can drive right up to the restaurant and get a parking place if front, if they are lucky. But there are various nearby restaurants, so at peak dining hour it might be more of a challenge to park. It is in a strip center, Blanco Junction. There were six of us, and we reserved a well lit table located in the front window. The charming owner greeted us personally and chatted for awhile. I did not walk around to check out the decor, but it seemed low key and tasteful. The food was outstanding. There were a lot of moderately priced luncheon specials. We started with a shrimp pancake, which were absolutely delicious. It comes to the table looking like a big pizza with lots of whole shrimp on top. It will serve eight, was perfect for six. It is finger food. Little bowls of yummy veggies were placed in a row in front of us..shaved raddishes, broccoli, cucumber, spicy cabbage, etc. Chopsticks seem to be the thing for this. For the main course, most of us had the B-B-Q, so tender that it falls right off the bone. We had forks, but didn't really need them. There is a choice of spicy or sweet sauce. Or, you may split the sauces half in half and try both. Two ladies ordered the soups. One had dumpling soup, and the other vegetables and beef. They highly approved of their selections. The iced tea was said to be great, and I loved my pot of hot tea. My friend had a very happy birthday, and we all had a great meal.

• Visited November 2011
San Antonio
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I had to admit on visiting that it was my first time as I thought it was just another Chinese restaurant. My first impression set the tone for the visit! When we walked in we were greeted in such a welcoming and friendly way even though they were a bit busy with a large party on a Saturday night. Everyone there was so genuine and pleasant in serving us! The decor added an upscale feeling of fine dining. I totally enjoyed my meal and the variety the menu offered. We had sushi to start and then ordered some traditional dishes that were moderately priced. The beer and wine were both priced moderately which encouraged us to indulge. I will be back for lunch!

• Visited April 2011
Round Rock, TX
“Great Ingredients”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We ordered bibimbap in a stone bowl and raw fish/vegetables on top of rice. They used very good ingredients in the dishes. We could taste different vegetables and fish even they were mixed. They paid a lot attention to the details like smell, sauses, sliced vegetables, etc. The small Korean pickles dishes were not too salty to enjoy their different flavors. They may be $1 more expensive than what we got in Austin, but we think it's a good price to pay. It's the best Korean restaurant we found in Texas so far (well, we haven't been to every Korean restaurant in Texas :-). We will certainly visit them again if we go to San Antonio again.

California
“I love Korean food, been here twice, food is average to good.”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I love a good Korean restaurant, I like the convenient location to I-410 and I have enjoyed my meals here. The Yaki-mandu was ok for rme this last visit. I enjoyed my beef bulgogi, and they honored my request to eat it with the lettuce leaves, garlic, bean paste etc. I enjoyed it but not as much as other Korean restaurants I have been too. My biggest surprise was when ordering Kim Bap (which was very good). For some reason, you could only get it when you ordered two rolls and the cost was around $17.00. Frankly, it was delicious but overpriced and thankfully there was 3 of us eating so it could be shared. I still recommend the restaurant but caution on the prices.