“Great breakfast buffet”

Sazo's
Ranked #539 of 4,619 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Commerce
Westport, Connecticut
“Great breakfast buffet”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate breakfast in Sazo's a couple of times while staying in the Marriott. The buffet was FULL of wonderful items from which to choose. The hostess was friendly and the waiter was quick to take our order and bring coffee and OJ.

I had a made to order omelet which was wonderful!! The bacon was done to perfection and the fruit was fresh and delicious.

On both visits, we were there with friends and were not rushed out when we stayed a bit after finishing our meal. On the days I had breakfast here I did not need lunch at all since there was such an abundance of great food to select from. I highly recommend it for breakfast but had no experience with the other meals offered by Sazo's.

• Visited April 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Service is professional friendly and fast. Food looks and tastes excellent. Highly recommend to those staying downtown!

• Visited April 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“One Experience Was Enough”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This review should be taken in perspective, because I only ate breakfast there. Still, it was one of the worst restaurant plates I've had in a long time. "House-made brisket hash". The potatoes were wrinkled cubes that looked as if they'd sat under the warmer since the night before, and they were mixed with a few fatty chunks of leftover brisket that were chewy and also tasted old. The hollandaise and eggs were OK, but are hard to ruin. Everything was intensely over-salted. Service was slow and the waiter bolted before I could ask for anything. They may make a good dinner, but I'll never go back for it.

• Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Convenient Tex-Mex Cuisine”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I wouldn't consider Sazo's to be authentic Latin cuisine, but more Tex-Mex. I ordered the "famous" chicken tortilla soup based on a recommendation of the hotel concierge at the Marriott Rivercenter during a recent business stay. The soup was freshly prepared, and definitely not doctored from a can. It was very good, almost as tasty as my homemade version. I sampled a piece of my colleague's chicken flautas, and it was good, not great. The restaurant is clean, and it has a nice vibe. Service is almost exceptional.

• Visited February 2013
Wilson, North Carolina
“Not bad at all for a hotel restaurant.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a quick dinner here one night since it was in the same hotel I was staying at. It was very good and service was nice and fast.