“Big Surprise”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,633 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Inside Loop 1604 at Huebner Rd.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Big Surprise”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

On our trip to San Antonio, TX, we checked Trip Advisory for a good restaurant to take our friends and was told about The Wild Fish just outside San Antonio. This turned out to be a fabulous place. It's located in a strip mall but very up class.
Our waiter was very attentive to our every need. The food was delicious. Can't say enough about this restaurant. The manager checked on us several times, once to ask if we had everything we needed and how was our meal and then walked the place but not bothering us.
We wanted to return again during our trip but time was limited.

• Visited May 2014

“Cool Place, Format, SoSo Food, Drinks Are Too Pricey”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I realize that for some price isn't a problem. But this place doesn't seem like a fine dining type if place, so don't be fooled. Special occasions only type of place. There are not many seafood options in San Antonio, so if you are craving a particular fish, they likely serve it and well. To me the cost to satisfaction ratio wasn't there, but the food is good. The drinks are not good at all but they cost more than some entrees. My redfish could have been cooked much better and the other three in my party did not like their meals. The lobster bisque was excellent but not as good as Texas de Brazil. This place is only slightly better than red lobster, but the variety of seafood is much better.

Houston, Texas
“Superior service, wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A wonderful experience all around. We made a quick phone call to see if we could have a dinner reservation after a day of sightseeing in San Antonio, and mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary. Upon our very late arrival to the restaurant, a beautifully dressed table in the corner by the wine room was set with rose petals and a lovely card from the establishment congratulating us on our anniversary, and thanking us for choosing to celebrate with them. The service was splendid, food was good, everyone attentive - all in all, we were so happy we chose to celebrate here & would love to return someday. Thank you for taking care of us!

2 Thank ellzebeth
Norman, Oklahoma
“Superb food; impeccable service.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Truly an exceptional meal. The combination of spicy red peppers and fresh sashimi tuna was wonderful. The mushrooms in the wild mushroom salad were among the very best I've ever had; richly flavorful. My wife and I had different fish dishes, both excellent and cooked to perfection. And the service was extremely professional, consisting of precisely the right amount of attention without being intrusive.

Other than the lout at the next table speaking in a booming voice and slapping his hands together repeatedly -- outside the control of the restaurant -- this was an ideal dining experience.

2 Thank MPS927
“Amazing service, avg food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for our 1yr anniversary. When we got there they had rose petals and a happy anniversary card that they wrote a very nice little message. Our sever was well versed in the menu. Was very pleased with everyone there. The food was avg my wife had the filet mignon w/crab meat and a holidaness sauce and I had the daily chef fish dish of parmesan crusted halibut with lobster and some sauce. Steak was cooked correct and was good but the sauce is what made it and the steak was second to that, then the Halibut was slightly over cook but still tasted ok and the sauce that came with the fish was very good. My problem is that the main part of the meal was not the high point of the meal and the fish was over cooked. We also had a crab cake witch was amazing btw. I would probably eat else were next time we are down to San Antonio. Over all I was not Unhappy there was just nothing that wow'ed me to come back for the price.

2 Thank josephpurvis