“The feeling of royalty...”

Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Stone Oak
Cross street: N 1604 East
Description: Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio, Est. 2007, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily chef features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy our lounge while partaking in a hand crafted cocktail, premium spirit or a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Sam Miller.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Reserved a table through OpenTable. We were celebrating our anniversary and went through all the reviews from every site and found that Kirby's was most consistent with great reviews. When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by everyone from valet to the hostess. The ambience is great for intimate encounters. Our waitress, Dominique, was awesome! She recommended things, had great people skills, and was professional the entire meal. The manager came by once and made sure our experience was pleasurable. We never went without water or a beverage because they were just on top of it. The food makes you want to spend your entire check there. It is hands down some of the best quality tasting food I have had in sometime. I ordered the shrimp scampi pasta with crab on top and my husband had the redfish. Both meals were superb.

Since we were celebrating our anniversary we mentioned it to the hostess as we arrived. Without us mentioning it again the waitress said she knew and by the end of the meal we were having a dessert on them with Happy Anniversary written on it. It made for a great memory and I'm so please with the experience.

My only complaint is that when we arrived we sat at the bar for a while (that was our choice, even though our table was ready). My husband ordered a double shot of Hennessey and coke and I had a girlie drink. When we got the bill for those two items it was $46.00. I was bewildered. The bartender decided upon himself to use the top shelf VSOP as oppose to something that does not cost as much without informing us it would be so expensive. I thought that was a bit deceptive as my drink was only $12.00. And our bill for the meal itself was $98.00 aside from the bar tab. That almost ruined our evening but I was hungry and hopeful that the remainder of the evening would be representative of the reviews I read, and it was.

I will return again but I will ensure that I know the price of everything before I order.

KirbysSteakhouseSA, Manager at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Julia, thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us! We enjoyed serving you are glad you enjoyed your experience dining with us. We hope that you will visit again soon and continue to celebrate special occasions with us!

There are newer reviews for Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Friends and my spouse visited Kirby's yesterday and were impressed with the food and service. I had a filet that was cooked just the way I like it and my husband had salmon that were perfect! The service was great and the staff were very pleasant and attentive. Will go back for a special occasion as the prices are a tad expensive. A glass of wine was $12.

KirbysSteakhouseSA, Owner at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and are looking forward to dining with us again! We truly appreciate the time you took to share your review and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

It took an hour for my wife and I to decide which steakhouse we would try the last night of our trip. Boy did we make the right decision. The service was incredible but the food was even better.

My wife had a filet and I tried one of the chef specials, the Mesquite rib eye. My steak was cooked perfectly and the flavor was unbelievable. The mesquite rib eye flavor was unlike anything I have ever tasted. We also had a couple salads and the mashed potatoes and everything was perfect.

Will definitely be back here when we come back to San Antonio.

KirbysSteakhouseSA, Manager at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your rave review! We strive to provide the best experience for our customers and we are glad you chose to visit us while in San Antonio. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to serving you the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband took my parents and us. We had a great time. The beef was like butter, melting in our mouth! My parents said they did a little something special the the bacon wrapped around the shrimp. My mahi fish was cooked to perfection. And our dessert...well judge for yourself.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Hubs and I enjoyed date nite @ Kirby's. We are repeaters, so we were familiar with the restaurant decor, which I think is perfect for a romantic evening dinner. Great food drinks and great service- as expected at Kirbys!