Rodeway Inn at Lackland AFB
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travel Inn(San Antonio)
View Hotel
Econo Inn Lackland(San Antonio)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a typical 1950-60 flat roof motel. It is near a fairly busy Hwy 90 and you get some noise. However the convenience to Lackland AFB and Sea World is good. The rooms are not well kept up and small. Housekeeping is fair. The continental breakfast is typical. The clerks are helpful and pleasant. They are very helpful to those coming to BMT graduation at lackland and know all the details of the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank junglybill
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Motel was clean, staff was friendly. The location is great for the air force base. Keep in mind, this is a motel, so don't expect a high end hotel. Its a clean motel and every thing in the room worked. The breakfast was cereal, juice, fresh waffles and donuts/muffins. There were apples and bananas, but get there early if you want a banana. Breakfast was busiest right at 6:00 with everyone getting ready to go to the base. Was easy to find a table at 6:30. They also have a nice selection of ice cream in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank BT_Mich
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My parents and I stayed here for my sons BMT graduation @ Lackland AFB. I wanted a clean, close to the base (5 minutes away) helpful and friendly staff, good price. I got all this and more. We stayed 6 nights here. Rooms were cleaned daily, including the coffee pot. Fresh towels and sheets everyday. Convience to the base was perfect, since we went back and forth some days several times. The staff was very helpful. Dee programed my garmin for everywhere we wanted to go and making The Roadway home. The rest of the staff, Cruz, Tony, Robert, Ron, Cindy, Matel and and a few others were always helpful 24/7. Rooms were equiped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer and iron. It was perfect for what we needed in the room, I was on vacation, I came to eat good Texas bar-b-que, relax and let someone spoil me for a week. I got all this @ this Roadway Inn and the surrounding area. You will also enjoy your neighbors they are all here for the same reason. Every morning we traveled together to go to the base. Enjoy your stay and your graduates.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank momberta10
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at this Rodeway last weekend for out son's BMT graduation. What truly amazed me was how uncrowded it was. The word must not have gotten out yet that this is a great place to stay. It was very clean. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well as an ironing board and iron...much needed after a scrunched packing session:) We arrived a little after midnight and had a car full of tired cranky people after driving for 22 hours. The man at the front desk immediately let us into our room with very little delay. The continental breakfast was great. The most sought after breakfast item was the Texas-Shaped waffle. We all have pictures of it now! The breakfast is started a half hour earlier on Thursdays and Fridays so everyone can get to the morning events on base on time. What was REALLY the clencher for me was that the base was just a few minutes away from the Rodeway. Our son decided he wanted to hang out at the motel all weekend instead of going sight-seeing. He had his cozy pants on and just chilled all day in the comfort of the room surrounded by his siblings. He LOVED it! He said the motel was great. We had the pool all to ourselves which our 10 year old loved. We swam, and played ball, and tanned, and just relaxed. I made a point to thank the staff for their part in making the weekend incredible. If you're looking for a place to stay, this is it :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Renae G
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Right this second... look elsewhere. It's scary rundown. I was in a pinch and needed a room for two nights, made reservations site unseen, and paid three times what it was worth. I didn't bring my luggage in the room and was afraid to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo