“Great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zocca Cuisine D'Italia

Zocca Cuisine D'Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Zocca Cuisine D'Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarro Street
Description: Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I had the most amazing service! I wish we were able to remember our servers name to write a personalized thank you. At dinner, husband enjoyed a pasta dish and I had the steak special. His pasta was delicious and my steak was cooked to perfection. After dinner we could not decide on which dessert to have so we chose both the flourless chocolate cake and the peach cobbler and both were so decedent and rich. My only complaint was that I had forgot my ID in our hotel room and wasn't able to try a martini.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Largo, Florida
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I recently stayed along the River Walk while attending a conference in mid June. A few work colleagues and I decided to try this place out our last night in town. The restaurant itself provides a wonderful dining atmosphere, however the food and service does not deliver. For starters, the waiter did not appear to be well versed with the wine list. We ordered an antipasto salad and calamari for the table. The calamari was overdone and typical of what would be served in many chain seafood restaurants. The antipasto consisted of two skewers of black olives, a couple of carrots, a very small portion of cured meats that appeared to be from a grocery deli, and a couple of nibbles of tasteless cheese, with a mound of spring mix in the middle of the plate. We all laughed as it was placed on the table, as in "what the heck is this?". The sea bass was quite good according to one in our group however the pasta dishes were served lukewarm at best and the pasta was slightly over cooked. The food was not horrible mind you, but it was not up to par for what they were marketing as an upscale restaurant. Service was rushed, yet the place was less than half full at 7:30. Salads and entrees were delivered to the table as we were still eating the previous course. The desert of chocolate pizza was fabulous, and it was the best item served all evening. Average place in my book.

Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem on the Riverwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Ate here and enjoyed eating along the river (until the rain forced us inside). Great food, especially the pappardelle pasta and the creme brulee. Fantastic server Marisela made great recommendations and provided great service

Visited June 2014
Aiken
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to have a fine dining experience while in San Antonio. We checked websites and it looked like Zocca would be a great evening. The atmosphere was great. However, the entree labeled "sea bass" turned out to be small, somewhat oily filets with the skin on, not the white, flaky sea bass we are used to. My wife could not eat it; too greasy. The seafood risotto I had was okay, but I would rate it only average. In addition, their wines are overpriced. Some of our favorite wines, that we routinely pay $25 to $40 dollars a bottle for were priced at $65 to $80. All in all, a disappointing evening, even though they did not charge us for my wife's entree.

Lubbock
“Ugh! Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was really excited to try this restaurant! The food & service was terrible though. I ordered a traditional Italian pasta & was served a crab & asparagus pasta. I don't eat fish & it was disgusting! It spoiled my appetite for the rest of the day. The manager took it off our bill but we were charged full price. We had to have the waitress redo it. It was such a hassle. I think they really struggle with communication between management, the kitchen, and the servers. You couldn't pay me to go back! Gross!

• 1 of 5 bubbles