“Pleasant busy Restaurant”

Zocca Cuisine D'Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Zocca Cuisine D'Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarro Street
Description: Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a very pleasant meal at this riverside restaurant, once I could find my way around the river system. Lovely wines , good food and pleasant staff

There are newer reviews for Zocca Cuisine D'Italia

Reviewed February 22, 2014

On the river level, with a gorgeous view of the Riverwalk. In good weather, the doors to the patio are opened, lending a magical touch to the experience. Excellent service. I had the Arrancini appetizer, which was new to me but I ordered because of an episode of Montalbano on the MHz Network. Very good! Fried rice balls with a cheese center, resting on a sweet red sauce. Really, for me it was enough for a main course. Then I followed that with the Papardelle pasta with lump crabmeat and shaved asparagus. Equally good. Too full for desert and I had to get a "to go" box.

I will definitely return!

2  Thank Ann L
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Breakfast on the river, great lunch, fantastic dinners, bartenders excellent. The Italian fare in the restaurant was advertised to be one of the best in San Antonio, we would have to agree.

1  Thank gr70545
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was a little nervous to dine alone at the bar on Valentine's Day evening however the staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Thanks to bartenders Daley & JoJo. The chef allowed me to order off the menu although they were only offering a limited menu. The sea bass was fantastic. Thanks Chef Jeff Foresman. What a wonderful way to spend a first night of vacation!

1  Thank Halley S
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The small pizzas that they serve here are perfect for a light meal for two. Match it with some of the wonderful bread and balsamic vinegar based dip they serve and you're carb loaded for a 5 mile run.

There's no attention given to making the crust perfectly round here; obviously a hand thrown dough. The almost oblong shape of our pepperoni pie made it look a little funny, but the taste was certainly no laughing matter. I am not usually a fan of thin crust, but this was crispy at the edges and soft towards the center without being doughy. The sauce was savory with no sweetness (the way I prefer it) and the pepperoni were huge. I don't think I have ever seen pepperoni slices that were some three inches in diameter as these were. The amount of cheese was just right for the size of the pizza though I am usually one of those that thinks that more is not enough when it comes to this gooey good topping.

Service was casual attentive with very forgiveable lapses. And I will say it once again because it's the way all downtown restaurants should treat their customers . . . .free valet parking! Just drive up into the Westin driveway reception area, which is usually a beehive of activity, and leave the parking to them. Don't forget to get you ticket stamped at the restaurant.

2  Thank OmniEpicurean