“Return trip just as wonderful”

Zocca Cuisine D'Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Zocca Cuisine D'Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 4,602 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarro Street
Description: Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.
The Woodlands, Texas
“Return trip just as wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My second visit to this wonderful restaurant was just as good as the first. While it was pretty crowded this trip, the food was outstanding. We had a reservation for a party of 11 and were seated right away with no problems. I had the seafood risotto which was so amazing. Everyone at our table was very happy with whatever they ordered, but I never lifted my head from my risotto to see what they ordered. Our gluten free diner was equally happy with the gluten-free menu. She was impressed with her meal. The wine list was pretty good. I ended up with a malbec that was decent. I do have to thank the bartender profusely! Our friend's shoe had completely fallen apart on our walk to dinner. My friend approached the only female bartender (she'd get the shoe thing) and asked if there was any glue or duct tape just to get her home. The bartender said that she would take care of it. When the shoe came back to our table, it was like a cobbler elf had gotten ahold of it! She fixed it beautifully! That is going above and beyond! I know that many reviewers complain about the price, but given the riverwalk location, you are paying tourist prices. It's just one of those things. I will be back again!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PMarie73

Lewisville, Texas
“Disappointingly average - new chef since many of the good reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I dined here with my wife, son and his girlfriend and was expecting very good to excellent Italian food, based on previous reviews. We were also staying in the hotel and had very much enjoyed the breakfast service and appetizers in the afternoon. Unfortunately, except for the charcuterie plate, our pasta dishes, pizza, and veal dishes were just o.k. (a "meh" in Yelp terms.)

The place has a very nice interior and great outdoor patio on the Riverwalk, and the drinks from the bar were decent. Unfortunately, the food was unexceptional and I regret I cannot recommend it for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“So good we had three different meals here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We loved this place, it was so good we ate breakfast, lunch and even tried dinner there. Breakfast was great - huevos rancheros were so good I could have licked the plate! My fiancé had the risotto with seafood for dinner which he enjoyed so much. The staff were very friendly, and the patio says great to sit and enjoy some drinks on. We would go back no problem, prices were great too!

1 Thank Leah B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Although the restaurant is highly rated by many, it was "just okay" for us. Staff, though, was friendly and welcoming.

Get a seat outside in nice weather or along the windows - - you'll need a reservation for that.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Drinks and conversation were splendid. Staff treated my group like we were old friends, not hotel guests. Returned for breakfast and lunch on my final day, the Caprese Panini is AMAZING.