Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #81 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My experience with my kids, were awesome!! We had a 1 bedroom suite which was very, very nice, clean and beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice and friendly (even remembered your name at check out). The afternoon snacks were good and fresh. The staff kept the food coming and coming never was left unstocked breakfast also. The popcorn was fresh and hot. The pool area clean and relaxing. We will only stay at this location whenever in San Antonio. Love everything about it!! No Complaints.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Parispaigepayton
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Ok, I should have noticed that this was near Six Flags, but I wasn't paying close attention, and I had limited options given that there was a large convention in SA while I was there. I'm generally not a fan of children or of parents who think a public spaces in a hotel are equivalent to their private living space when it comes to family behavior, so I was a bit put off.

The front desk staff was pleasant and responsive, if not always as fast as I would have preferred. The cleaning staff didn't seem to understand "One moment, please" or "Momentito, por favor", but they did keep the room clean - though sometimes they cam rather late in the day. The breakfast was sufficient (eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, waffles, etc), though the lack of white bread and english muffins put me off a touch. The evening grub was fine - baked potatoes, chips, salsa, hot dogs, simple raw vegetables, sometimes chicken strips and meatballs. I didn't always partake, but it is a money-saver if the nearby Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, or Red Lobster are not in your budget.

On balance, I wouldn't choose to stay here again, at least while Texas Fiesta was open for the season. Nonetheless, it is still a good hotel for many purposes.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Thank you for your feedback! Drury is proud to welcome all types of travelers to our hotels. There are times, especially during the summer, where lobby and pool area are filled with families. We do begin our hot breakfast at 6:00 a.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. on the weekends for early risers who like to avoid the rush. We do hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We chose this hotel b/c of its proximity to Fiesta Texas. We only planned to stay one night, so we weren't really worried about the hotel. We had a room with a king suite for me and my husband and a room with two queen beds for my brother-in-law, sister-in-saw and her boyfriend. The rooms were HUGE! There was so much space. The 5 of us could have fit in one room easily. Everything was clean and comfortable. They use energy-saving toilets which is a little different but I appreciate that they are doing their part to save resources.

From 5:30p-7p, they offer the "5:30 Kickback" where they basically serve free food. We stayed Saturday to Sunday, so they offered hot dogs, baked potatoes, nachos, chili, etc. They even had drinks if you were over 21. From 3:00p-10:00P, they had complimentary popcorn and soda. And, they had a free breakfast in the morning with the usual things, eggs, biscuits, french toast, donuts, muffins, cereal, etc.

Because of these things, this hotel had a lot of families. This hotel allows pets and that's another attraction for families. I did hear a couple of dogs barking in the morning but it wasn't all night or continuous. Just know that they do accept small dogs.

I decided to rate this hotel b/c it really did beat my expectations. If there was any negative, it would be that the elevators are a little slow. That wasn't a big deal to me, though. Parking is covered in a parking garage. You use your room key to enter it. There is a terrace on the 6th floor with tables and chairs.

If you're looking for a hotel near Fiesta Texas, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank anggpc
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I am a tour operator specializing in tours for adults aged 55+. Even though this hotel is close to theme parks and is family oriented, it is also wonderful for older folks. Our group stayed here on the last night of a 8 day tour. They enjoyed the Happy Hour and a few elected to eat at the hotel's Kickback evening meal. The next morning some of our travelers told us they were ready to go home when they arrived at the hotel but now they would like to spend a week there! We will be back with other tours and this group will come again in December for Christmas lights.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I booked this hotel becuase we were taking a trip to Sea World for spring break. We arrived on a Friday evening and the "kickback" service was already going on. Check in was a breeze, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given two drink tickets for myelf and my husband. Let me tell you the "kickback" was awsome, the food was really good. Everyday they offer something different on the menu, while we were there they had chili dogs, chips, salad and baked potatoes. For breakfast they offer all types of hot food. Everything was really good, it was nice not having to go out for dinner and my kids enjoyed it too. The drinks were wonderful, and so was the staff. The manager on duty there went above and beyond keeping everything running smoothly. I have never seen a manager at a hotel work as hard as she did. The room was very large and clean, the pool area was a nice touch with being inside. There are not enough things I can say about how nice this hotel was. We already have another trip planned in May. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shellywade
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Had an overnight stay here on a short trip to San Antonio. Lot's of families as this location is very close to Fiesta Texas. This was perfect for us because we were traveling with our 6 year old. Staff was nice and very helpful. The hotel had an indoor pool area which was pretty loud and crowded in the evening with kids and families but since we were doing the same it was just fine for us. There is a free buffet in the evening with junk food (hot dogs, chips etc.) that everyone seemed to enjoy and it seemed very nice but I don't dig on that type of food. There were also a limited number of free cocktails available which was a nice little extra. The rooms were clean and well kept and the facility seemed very safe. All in all it was a great value and fit the bill for what we needed. I would recommend this hotel for people traveling with their family and kids on vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed two nights at this hotel for Spring Break. It was busy but was expected. Hotel was able to meet the needs of the sold out hotel rooms. Our suite was spacious and very clean. The complimentary breakfast, evening hot snacks, popcorn, alcoholic drinks, and soft drinks was awesome!! The pool is a good size and the location is about 8 minutes from Sea World and about 20 minutes away from the Riverwalk. It was a great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family