Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #78 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband, son and I took a trip down to San Antonio to visit Six Flags, Sea World and the River Walk, and we originally were going to stay at La Quinta. Well when we arrived at La Quinta we were told that they did not have any available rooms until 3 in the afternoon and we had gotten there some where around 5 in the morning. So we decided to look for another hotel. Well the Drury Inn was fairly close to La Quinta so we decided to try our luck and see if we could get a room there.
My first impression of the hotel was that it was clean and well decorated. We were greeted right away by a very nice man at the front desk, and to our surprise he said that they did have rooms available for us. So we checked in which took less than 10 minutes and we asked him how close Six Flags and Sea World where to the hotel, and he kindly showed us a map and gave us directions to the places we wanted to go. After giving us our room key, he also gave my husband and I two drink cards that allowed us to get free alcoholic beverages during our stay (which we did not use). He then suggested that we come down to the eating area and eat breakfast which was free. Sadly I don't remember the name of the man that helped us check in (I think his name was Jose, but I'm not too sure about that) but he was extremely nice and helpful.
Our room was nice and clean, and had a up to date plasma TV, and sitting area with a computer chair. It also had another chair close to the window where you could sit and relax. The bathroom was very clean as well. The hotel is a "green" hotel, so the toilet has two buttons to flush, one was for urine and the other for your more heavier waste. The only complaint I can think of about the bathroom was the shower's water pressure. It was very weak and it took a while to get the shampoo out of my hair with such low water pressure, but then again they are trying to be conserve water, so I can appreciate that. The beds were a bit stiff, but they were nicely made, and I still got a great nights sleep. The TV had basic cable, but it was okay because we we still found something to watch. Plus the hotel offers free WiFi and we had our laptop so we were able to get on the internet and watch some YouTube. The WiFi was pretty fast, it didn't lag or anything so that was a plus.
We later went down for breakfast and lucky for us there was not that many people when we went down there. The breakfast was nice. They had a pretty good variety of things for you to choose from, eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, waffles, grits, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee that type of thing. Our son is pretty picky with food, and even he was satisfied with the selection of food that they had. As side from breakfast they even offer food at around 5 or 5:30, which consisted of hot dogs, nachos, chicken tenders, nothing really big, but it filled us up enough to where we didn't feel the need to go and buy anything from outside. They also have free popcorn and soda from 3:00-10:00 which is great for those times that you want to stay in and watch a movie.
The hotel has a indoor pool and a gym that is over looking the pool. We went sometime during the afternoon and there was no one there but us, so it was a nice relaxing time.
The cleaning staff did a great job of making sure that our room was clean and that we had clean towels everyday. The hotel staff in general was nice and very helping. I did not run into not one rude person that worked there for my entire stay.
Over all The Drury Inn is a great hotel that is very close to six flags and Sea World. The hotel is nice and clean and the people are nice. And for those reasons we plan on staying there again for our next trip to San Antonio next year.

3  Thank Francesca G

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here twice before and were very pleased with this hotel and recommended it to everyone. The staff at this hotel is the best one could ask for, but the owners have really let things slide. Parking is creepy even though it is gated. Elevators are scary. Don't even think about going downstairs during late evening. Creepy people and filthy floors greeted me. Didn't feel safe at all. This will be our last stay at this location.

Room Tip: Probably is a good idea to stay farther away from the attractions of Fiesta Texas and Sea World for...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Place is close to shopping and eating in all directions. Very close to Palladium IMAX theater as well as Target. The indoor pool isn't that big but if you go on "off" hours it is enjoyable. If you go in the late evening, ....just don't. ;-)

Kids loved the free soda and popcorn and we did the "kickback" on one evening. The food was edible but nothing to brag about. If you want a satisfying meal, go to TGIF's or even Whataburger, both of which are close.

Our room was nice and the beds were comfortable enough...a little stiff for my tastes but I still slept well enough. I loved the covered/secured parking which made us feel better.

Breakfast was good and had everything you could need to satisfy most folks. Hot eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, yogurt, cereal, pastries, waffles, oatmeal, fruit...very nice spread.

Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Rebecca! thanks!

Room Tip: This was a nice hotel on the inside as well as outside. All staff encountered were friendly and hel...
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hotel is fairly new. Front desk personnel were very helpful. Could see Six Flags Fiesta Texas from hotel. Close to upscale shopping such as La Cantera, and also close to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and other great shopping stores. Stayed in many hotels in San Antonio and this is definitely one of the best ones.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

It was just down the interstate to Six Flags. Rooms are beautiful. The service were so nice and breakfast was delishous. It was not far from La Cantera. Hotel was really clean. The Terence was just a nice view. Pool is clean and Spa was just so relaxing. It was worth the stay. Would like to come back.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Drury is quickly becoming one of our family favorites. We stayed here last year for the first time and enjoyed it. We enjoyed the indoor pool the most. The breakfast had a nice size selection and had those make your own waffles my family loves. I liked the drinks and baked potatoes they offered in the afternoon. I love everything included with the price. Only downside is the Drury is not in every state. The location made it easy to get other parts of the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel for a quick trip down from Dallas to take the kids to Fiesta Texas and visit The Natural Bridge Caverns during 4th of July. We had a good experience with the Drury Plaza Riverwalk a couple of years ago, so decided to give another Drury a try. The hotel is literally less than 5 minutes from Six Flags and even the drive to The Caverns was only about 20 minutes. The location is great, but the rooms are just OK. Nothing fancy, just a basic room (Riverwalk Drury rooms were much nicer). The towels and bedding could use a definite upgrade. The towels are the really cheap super thin kind that absorb very little water. And, the fitted sheets on both beds in the room had elastic that was completely shot. I kept waking up in the middle of the night with the fitted sheet pulling off the bed and laying on bare hotel mattress. Talk about gross! Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well. The "free" amenities, which are the same as at other Drurys, are good. Breakfast was adequate and the 5:30 kickback had enough options to make a dinner out of it. However, don't expect much for the three alcoholic beverages. I think they use the absolute cheapest off-label stuff. Mixed drinks were awful, couldn't even finish one. Even the beer, which was supposed to be Bud Light, was very watery more like Keystone. But it's free, so oh well.

So, if you're just looking for a basic place to stay for a quick trip that's budget friendly (and not a Motel 6), this hotel is a good choice. Not sure I would choose to stay for more than a night or two though. If coming to stay near Six Flags again, I would be happier at the Westin or the new Elian.