Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
$180
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
$314
$426
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$254
$215
$239
$219
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$215
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfiesta texassix flagsparking garagehot dogsla canteraindoor poolbaked potatonachosfree breakfastwafflesfree alcoholic beveragesbreakfast and dinnerhot breakfasthotel chaintraveling with kidsspring breaksea world
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We'd never stayed at a Drury before and usually stayed near the Riverwalk when we stayed in San Antonio. We decided this time we wanted to stay near the shopping at La Cantera and chose the Drury. Even though it rained throughout the weekend we were there, we enjoyed our stay at the Drury. We came from the west on I-10 and thought access was exceptionally easy. We were close to shopping at La Cantera and The Rim - you never have to get on the freeway to get to either shopping center; they are both accessible via the access roads. Another thing that we noticed although we didn't use it, there's a great hike/bike trail right behind the hotel. We looked it up and the city has developed this trail which is 15 miles long - looks like it runs through beautiful greenways. The hotel had a decent breakfast and the evening snacks/beverages were decent. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and although we were right by the elevator, it was quiet. Had it not been raining, we would have tried out the terrace on the 6th floor. If you aren't interested in the Riverwalk, this is a great option for this part of San Antonio. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

As others have said, access is a little difficult, but it is worth. One of the newest hotels in San Antonio they have. Clean (very important). Breakfast is the same they offer at all Drury's, which after a few days may get boring but is something we already know, so we deal with it. The hot food available at night is a terrific idea if you are not used to eat much after 6 pm. Macarroni, baked potatoes, nachos, salad, hot dogs. Kids were happy with this dinner. Haven't checked the pool yet. Of course, it is crowded at breakfast, but most Drury's are. With the rates and the service that's something you have to deal with too. Micro and fridge in all rooms, very important for us too. Very good number of TV channels, which is something some higher rate hotels are not offering now. It is definitely in the top of our list when traveling with kids. Very good assistance from the front desk to our oldest kid when asking for help to order pizza.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed for two nights during spring break. The hotel is kinds hard to get to if you are coming from I-10. Has a parking garage. Pool and hot tub were crowded as was evening food. We decided to eat breakfast early to avoid the crowd. We ate breakfast between 6 and 6:30 am and there was only about 5-6 other people eating. I would suggest getting to breakfast early. I used the business center--free internet, free printing. I had a king bed suite. The kids slept on the pull out sofa. Room had a fridge and microwave. I was on the 11th floor and I could hear kids running down the halls and slamming doors when I was on the sofa but once I closed the door to the bedroom I didnt have a problem. The breakfast and supper all-you-can-eat buffet is a great value. You can make your plate and take your food up to your room. Buffet saves a lot of money and has lots of choices.
Breakfast: apple juice, orange juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, make-it-yourself-waffles.
Evening: sodas, alcoholic drinks (for adults), soup, baked potatoes, chicken strips, nachos, salad, hotdogs

Cons: The elevators are very slow. The blankets are a little then, so I went down to the front desk and got another one.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank advicebylynn
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on a number of occasions when traveling to SA to get away. We love shopping at La Cantera & The Quarry, the location places it close to the things we enjoy without being in the middle of it all. Great rates, easy access, secure parking, and good staff also make this place a true convenience to stay at.

One stay, they made a mistake with our reservation by making it on the date a year in advance. They respectfully apologized and upgraded us to a suite, no charge. I have no qualms recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights while visit Riverwalk area and Fiesta Texas. Excellent location for Fiesta Texas or Seaworld, and also La Cantera area. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Excellent value at this place when you consider the rate includes parking, evening food and drinks, full hot breakfast and more. Lots of families staying here during Spring Break, so meal times were crowded as well as indoor pool and spa. Nice indoor pool area, which we used only once while there because of crowds. My only complaint in this area is that there should be an attendant in this area when hotel is packed with families. Lots of rowdy kids and also parents who bring a naked 2 yr old into hot tub. Hard to enjoy the spa with 12 kids in it. Im sure it's not that all the time, but for times like spring break, I feel it should be attended. Other than that issue, the rest of our stay was great. We had a room w/2 queen beds, and it was very spacious. Nice amenities Like fridge, microwave, sitting area, tv with good channel selection and HBO. Any issues we had in room or at meals was quickly addressed by staff. I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012