“Spacious, clean rooms and great perks!”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #81 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Spacious, clean rooms and great perks!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and our six year old son on a trip to Fiesta Texas. We missed the evening "snack" that they serve, but I understand from other reviews that it's enough to make a meal on. When we checked in at 8 pm, they had free popcorn and sodas in the lobby. Our room was huge--we stayed in a 2 queen bed room. I was expecting it to be smaller, so I was shocked when we walked in. There was plenty of space in the bathroom and everything was very clean and well-maintained. We also liked that they have a free parking garage! Breakfast was good, and they had a good variety--scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, toast, french toast, belgian waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, milk and coffee. We also used their indoor pool and hot tub. The pool was very clean and a nice size for us to play in. The hot tub was wonderful. We also liked how close the hotel was to Fiesta Texas--it took us about 5 minutes to get there once we got out of the park. We will definitely stay here again the next time we make a trip to this part of San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Clean close to The Rim, Fiesta Tx, La Cantera, Costco and lots of tasty restaurants! They offer free breakfast (which is not high quality), free popcorn to snack on ( which is mummy), and free dinner(finger food type dinner not sure how good bc we didn't have it but saw a picture and it looked ok). Free is always nice...free wifi free computer access and printing.

• Stayed July 2011
******
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel was very nice with "garage" parking, excellent for the hot sun. Only reason I didn't give it an excellent value is only because I paid over $100 per night, of course, I have nothing to compare with in that area as this is my first trip there. My stay was very comfortable and the hotel is central to a lot of shops and restaurants (not within walking distance by any means). I will definitely stay there again.

My only complaint is that on the day of my checkout (which they were more than accommodate a request for a late checkout at 3:00 PM, THANKS), when I returned to the room, I found the maid cleaning the bathroom. So I knock on the door just to let her know I was there (nice lady), she went back to cleaning and never question if I was the guest of that room. I packed up all my belongings and left. Not a very secure practice as anyone cause of walk away with my stuff.

Room Tip: Park in the parking deck. Keep the car much cooler.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! Drury Hotels has very specific, written safety and security procedures for the protection of our guests and our team members. Every Drury team member is required to follow these practices/procedures. Room access should never be granted to anyone without proper identification being verified through our front desk or a member of our management team. We have reviewed this procedure with every member of our hotel team. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very good person for the job, she helps with watever you need and is just a great person to be around. I would love to come back and visit anytime with a persone that works as hard as she does. :)

thanks, Christien

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cushing, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at this Drury Inn while traveling with a HS Baseball team over spring break. This is a nice hotel with great perks such as the breakfast and kickback. I truly believe young families were able to feed the kiddos off the kickback! I was impressed with the spread. The rooms are larger than average and the bathroom counter space was nice for two women sharing a room!

The hotel was completely booked being spring break which tested our patience at times. However, the staff did their best to keep the team together and meet the needs of the 30+ entourage of parents traveling with the group. The hotel sits above the parking garage so the elevators are very busy. The pool was nice but very busy with small kids while we were there.

All in all, this is a very nice hotel. Hard to get to the first time but once you figure out the clover leaf under the highway, you can get around fairly easily. This was my first Drury Inn experience and I will be staying there in the future!

Room Tip: Update your GPS because the area is very new!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cool_Momma
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel located perfect for Fiesta Texas. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Hot breakfast buffet and "kickback" buffet in evening was great for families. Drink card for the adults for 3 free adult beverages per night is a nice touch. Enjoyed my stay very much!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank lizaanneg
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for two nights when taking a family trip to San Antonio and Fiesta Texas. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff was friendly. The parking garage is on the bottom floors of the hotel and room key activated. You basically can park right next to the elevators unload your car and go your room. Breakfast was included every day, popcorn and soda every day from 3-10pm and free kid friendly dinner every day from 5:30-7:00. They had things like chicken tenders, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, nachos. Indoor pool with towels poolside was a hit with the kids. If you are planning a trip to San Antonio with your kids, this is perfect. The only meals we purchased were lunch everyday at the park. Granted to food would get old after a while, it was perfect for the short time we were there. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. My only negative was the mattresses aren't the best but I've never stayed anywhere where the mattresses were great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family