After reading the raving reviews about this place, my husband and I decided to stay here for 2 nights over the 4th of July weekend.
The room was very clean and the location was excellent, but if you want a nice, adult relaxing weekend, this is not the place to stay.
We tried the cocktail hour the first night we were there. You had to wait in a long line to end up with mediocre wine served in a plastic cup. Although there was a nice seating area, most of the tables were full, and those that had been vacated were piled with empty cups and dishes. The tables were also dirty and there was absolutely no ambience. Lots of kids running around getting sodas from the fountain dispensers, etc. We decided not to do the cocktail thing again and left before we even finished half of our drinks.
The next morning, we thought we would try the free breakfast. Same story. Long lines and no place to sit. We left and went somewhere else where we could sit down and be served.
The pool and jacuzzi on the roof are open until 10:00 PM. After a very hot day, we thought it would be nice to go up there and cool off and relax before the pool closed (about 9:30). No such luck. The place was jammed with kids running, yelling, splashing and doing cannonball dives. The jacuzzi was full of kids, too. We never had a chance to get in the pool or the jacuzzi and it was definitely not peaceful. We travel quite a bit and have stayed in many hotels with pools. I have never seen a pool so packed with kids this late in the evening. None of the parents were interested in getting the kids to quiet down. I think they were all trying to wear them out before bedtime.
Maybe it was overly crowded because it was the 4th of July weekend. I'd say if you are on a budget and have a family traveling with you, this is a good place to go. If you are an adult couple with no kids and want a peaceful weekend on the Riverwalk, spend the extra money and go to another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk features comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool and plenty of meeting space for business events. It is located on the San Antonio River with countless restaurants and shops within scenic walking distance. This historically renovated hotel is the perfect location for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Riverwalk
- Drury Inn & Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Drury Inn Riverwalk
- Drury San Antonio
- Drury Inn San Antonio