“Terrific location, had a great stay”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #9 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed three nights at this inn and would return. Strolled the Riverwalk and visited The Alamo. Our room was spacious and spotless. Kickback snacks okay, but we liked the pasta and meatballs at the Las Cruces Drury better than the mac and cheese here. Appreciated the free drinks at Kickback. Breakfast offered a variety, but was the same every day. Wish fruit had been offered besides whole unpeeled bananas and apples. Disagree with the negative comments about uncleanliness, dogs, noisy children -- we experienced none of that. We arrived just as Kickback was closing the first night, and the desk clerk held our luggage so we could enjoy it. We had a pleasant dinner one night at the on-site Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaxyeHenry
Write a ReviewReviews (1,569)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The front desk employees were so friendly and helpful. We had a balcony room and enjoyed Riverwalk below us. So nice to be able to walk from downstairs to Riverwalk. The free food was good, lots of choices for breakfast, and a fair choice for the p.m. free treat. Love the popcorn. Our room was not huge but clean, after all it is a piece of history. Beautiful lobby area. The price was very reasonable compared to surrounding hotels, and we spent most of our time on the Riverwalk. If in San Antonio, would stay there again.

Room Tip: with balcony, if possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VOBR
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just a quick overnight stay with my wife and wanted to be close to the Riverwalk. You can walk out on the basement floor and be right on the Riverwalk, however it's a few minute walk until you get to the restaurants/bars. If you walk out on the ground floor, it's about a 1/2 block away kitty-corner from the hotel. Also on that corner is a convenience store for pop/snacks, etc. The evening reception was great if you have kids. The 'snacks' included chicken fingers, hot dogs, mac & cheese, nachos and so on. Food was ok, but you get what u pay for. Adults also get 3 beverages each. The breakfast buffet was excellent! The scrambled eggs tasted real, as opposed to out of a box! The hotel room was very nice and the front desk very helpful in answering tourist questions. Overall, an excellent experience for a reasonable price!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We planned a quick trip to San Antonio for the weekend and I took my mom (who had never been) and my daughter. Didn't know where to stay on the Riverwalk so got a thumbs up recommendation from my niece for Drury Inn and Suites. WOW--This hotel far exceeded our expectations in every way! The room was large and roomy and private. My mom and I went to bed and my daughter stayed up and worked on a college paper half the night, but we never knew it! Everything about this hotel was excellent, but I have to say the staff was by far the most impressive. I travel somewhat frequently and the staff here were unbelievably nice and friendly. Each and every one of them! I will be coming back to the Riverwalk just to be able to stay at this hotel again and again!

Room Tip: There were three of us, so we had a one bedroom suite. Had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Lots o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the first part of Dec and were very pleased. The staff were all friendly and helpful. They always were greeting us with a smile. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were next to an elevator yet the room was so quiet we never heard the elevator. Each morning there was a great hot breakfast set out with eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, waffles etc... Each evening at 5:30 there was another free spread set out with 3 free drinks a piece as well as chicken strips, hotdogs, nachos, salad, mac and cheese etc.

Free popcorn and soda most of the night as well. The pool was really nice as well and is located on the roof, nice and clean as well as warm.

The location on the Riverwalk was fabulous, walk out the door and you are literally on the Riverwalk. There was really no need for a car here. Plenty to do within walking distance. If I visit San Antonio again, I will be staying here!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank allaboutthefamily
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My sisters and i wanted to do mental get away from the everyday. I found this place on Tripadvisor, which I am glad I did!! The staff was very pleasant and courtesy. The hotel was an old building along the river walk, Clean, and I just loved the decor!!! They offer free breakfast, late afternoon drinks, and dinner. The breakfast was good and dinner was fine.
The staff which I call the 800 number was great! They help me out and answer all my questions. Such great people which talked to me, they even help me save some money!!!!!
Yes I will go back!!! We all had a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the riverfront!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I visited over Thanksgiving to watch the River Walk Xmas boat parade.
The hotel is nicely remodeled and has a great location on the River Walk. Great free breakfast and a nice happy hour that includes food. Enough food you may not need dinner. Lots to see in San Antonio and this is a great place to stay. Reasonable price, friendly staff. Nice rooms , Great beds and very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple