“Well worth the price for admission!”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #7 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent 5 days at this hotel and the only negative was the condition of the lobby floor. It was very old marble or terrazzo and I am certain it was preserved as some sort of historic preservation of this old city government building. However, it severely detracts from the quality of the hotel and I would recommend forgoing the historic designation and replacing the floor. Our first impression of this nice hotel was not very encouraging.

The hotel itself is in a great location and lends itself well to visiting Riverwalk. It is convenient to all services provided at this attraction. The rooms were very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The cost of the rooms when taking into account, the great free breakfast and dinner, plus the free wine/beer/mixed drinks in the evening make this place a value not to be missed.

We are frequent travelers and generally look for a Drury when on the road. We like their style and their amenities, but most of all their prices. This is a great place for young families or seniors traveling since you can eat two meals here for free!

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms are a little difficult to access. Stay on other floors if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank onceinawhile31

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I may have reviewed this hotel a few years ago, not sure. Anyway, I recommended it to friends recently and wanted to make sure I added my experience there. For some reason that I can't remember our room was unacceptable. I went back to the desk and the first lady I talked to wasn't particularly helpful but another lady came over and was so,so nice and helpful. I think she was the manager. She upgraded us to a suite plus comped our parking. I didn't expect that and wasn't asking for such a gift but she insisted. The room was super with a good view of the Riverwalk. The evening refreshments were outstanding as was breakfast the next morning. The same lady came to the table to check and make sure we were satisfied with the service. She called me by name which I thought was amazing since she has to deal with so many people each day. Sure hope it wasn't because I had made such a bad impression that she couldn't forget me. I would love to go back again.

Actually our visit was in 2010 but I can't figure out how to put that date up here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R&MRich
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, just on the Riverwalk. So convenient to have a meal, walk along the Riverwalk and then quickly go back to the hotel. The rooms are a bit old, but clean and BIG. My friend and I had a double bed and the place was more than enough. The receptionist was very nice and very helpful. The breakfast is basic (usual egg, sausage, cereal and waffles), but well-stocked. Would consider staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CGL123
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The rooms are big and clean. Staff is helpful and friendly. Buffet breakfast and snacks with happy hour included in the price. Centrally located and close to everything. Stayed there 7 years ago and it has only gotten better.

Room Tip: Lower floors have a better view of the river walk.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicky S
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The view out my window was the San Antonio River and the famous Riverwalk. I've stayed in SA before but I've never appreciated the Riverwalk so much as when I actually stayed on it. It's like a clean, safe New Orleans. I stayed up until 2am (normal bedtime 10:30) and just had a blast with my co-workers. The room itself was mixed. Bed was great, furniture and TV above-average, but the carpet was worn out. It used to be high-end carpet, so if they upgraded it that would be great. I stayed near the carport side with all of the vending machines so I could hear their compressors kick in through the wall. I was so tired at 2am I couldn't have cared less. Surprisingly, not much sound of revelry penetrated the room. Good old solid hotel. Front desk crew was good, I didn't partake of any other services. There is a bar and a restaurant in the basement level--which is also your exit right onto the Riverwalk--which looked nice but I didn't use them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank often_crabby-travele
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room was a corner king bed suite on the 7th floor. Nice views from both sides of the room. The suite was a totally open floor plan. Large TV out in the sitting area, with sofa, coffee table, floor lamp, chairs, etc, and another TV on a dresser for viewing TV from the bed. There were 2 large closets with mirrored doors. The bathroom was large; separated sink area from the bathroom. Lots of good lighting. The bed was comfortable for both of us, which is unusual because I like soft and my husband likes firm. The food was good, as usual. Was nice having the fridge and microwave for keeping leftovers from previous day's lunch and snack foods. There was a $16 per night Parking Fee + tax. Very close quarters in there but they warn you about the low ceiling height in the garage! Can go and come unlimited times as long as you have the documents they give you when you check in to put on the dashboard of your car. Staff was very nice, from the Check-In to the housekeepers, to the food staff. One nice touch is the Restaurant Book they have at the Desk. It has most (if not all) the River Walk restaurant's menus. The staff also made good recommendations.

Room Tip: Room 723 is right by the steps where people go and come to the exercise room and the pool. Have to u...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retired13
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We've stayed here laborday weekend in august. Where ever you go the drury experience is the same, you'll know what to expect during breakfast and kickback. The room was bigger than other drury locations. It is right on the Riverwalk. The garage was a bit awkward. You had to carry your luggage on a flight of stairs. We;ve asked for a room facing the riverwalk and we've received one.

Room Tip: Try the get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing riverwalk.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple