“great stay.”

Ranked #8 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“great stay.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here on business for a week last July. The lobby was very pretty, breakfast really nice and the rooftop pool was great! It was a quick walk to the river and many other downtown attractions. The halls of the original building look sort of dated, like an old art deco style office building a bit... it puts you off at first when you step out of the elevator, but the rooms are modern, clean and nice. It was an enjoyable stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We visited San Antonio on vacation over the week of the 4th of July. First, let me say that my family and I are not travel snobs. We travel on a budget so we know going in that we are not always picking the most upscale hotels. First the good. We got pretty good rates for each night, we stayed Sat to Fri and paid less than $1K for the week including parking ($14 per day). The location is great, right on the Riverwalk and close to everything. Now the bad... The rooms are unimpressive And need to be updated. The bed and pillows are not comfortable at all. There is only a thin sheet and blanket on the bed with some sort of half sized comforter for show. At least 3 of the ice makers were broke at any given time. The one on our floor didn't work all week. Also a couple of the soda machines didn't work or took your money and the washer and dryers were out of order as well. Our terrace view of the riverwalk was completely blocked by a tree and was not all that impressive. All furnishings in the room seemed cheap. The bathroom was tiny. You literally had too step over the toilet to get to the shower. I wouldnt recommend this hotel unless it's just for 1 or 2 nights and you know going in that it's a lower end hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tony R
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for Fiesta week. What a nice surprise to find such a charming and wonderful property. We enjoyed the easy walk to the Riverwalk even more than the free breakfast waffles. Our housekeeper offered great suggestions on things to visit and tour. I think the best part of the property was the rooftop pool and spa. Beautiful views.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy43016
Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here with my wife during a week long business trip to San Antonio and was delighted with the hotel and its location, it is right on the riverwalk and great for the nightlife. The rooftop swimming pool is beautiful and a great place to relax.

The room was clean, the staff friendly and the service is as you find at all Drury hotels, with all the usual extras which help to keep costs down.

I will stay here again when I come back with my family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John S
NC
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its amazing proximity to the San Antonio Riverwalk. It's one of those experiences that's even better in real life than you imagined it to be. Accessing the Riverwalk was a matter of walking a few yards outside the hotel. Then you are in the middle of the action.

As Drury Key members, we asked for and received an upgrade to a high-floor corner 1-bedroom suite, with a fabulous balcony view of the Cathedral, beautiful when lit up at night.

All Drury fans know the "extras" - which were in place here. The huge and stylish lobby easily accommodated guests during a busy vacation week. The evening "kick-back" social was a full meal - chicken tenders, salad, etc. Breakfast was full and hot as well, with many options. Our suite had a microwave and refrigerator, as well as the bathroom sink outside of the toilet/shower area, which is always a plus for a large family.

A plus is that the soda machine is on beginning in the afternoon, so after walking all over San Antonio, you can get a refreshing treat.

As with most downtown hotels, there was a parking fee, but once we parked the car, we didn't move it for our entire stay. Many great restaurants are just steps away.

From this location, we were also able to walk to the cathedral and to the Alamo.

Please note that there are several Drury locations in San Antonio. There is also a Drury Plaza not far away.

Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again if we ever get to return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SpringdaleGirl
Brookshire
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Not only is Dury Inn beautiful and perfectly located, but the guest services are the quality of a 5 star hotel. After checking out (June 2012) and returning home, I discovered I had left my wallet in the room. I was catching a flight the next day, but Martha in the guest services found a courier that would deliver my precious id and credit cards the same day.
Her follow up call confirming the shipment eased and otherwise stressed out day. Thank you Martha!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank txtrout
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business for an entire week. First impression was very good and it is an amazing location on a less busy part of the San Antonio Riverwalk. It is connected to the busier parts, but I liked being away from the crowds. The service was great...I had an issue with my A/C, and it was fixed immediately...the manager was very empathetic and got the job done. The amenities include free breakfast (full, hot breakfast), basically a free dinner and three drinks and free wi-fi. Pool floor/area is under construction, but it still was very functional...it does close somewhat early (10pm), so plan accordingly. Their tagline says it right...the extras aren't extra. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in San Antonio.

Room Tip: My room faced away from the Riverwalk, you might be able to request a room that faces the riverwalk...