Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #158 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Decent stay”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The outside was nice, the hallway area was a bit more ghetto. The room itself was decent with its wood floors and the bed was nice and comfy. The staff was ok and the area wasn't bad or far from the riverwalk itself. If you are on a budget its def not a bad stay .. I would stay here again if you aren't too picky ... We actually had a nice view of the silhouette of the hotel skyline from our room ...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank var3liita
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable hotel with friendly service to each guest. While reading your review, I saw that you mentioned that the hallway was not up to standards. I will be sure to address your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that this is corrected for the future. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to the Alamo city.

210-229-9973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Hollywood,FL
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Over all I was very pleased with my stay here. The outside of the hotel looked very new and clean.The hotel lobby was very orderly and clean as well. I booked a room with a king size bed and the room was very big and cozy. The room had a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV with cable and a desk for your laptop. I loved the fact that the all rooms were 100% smoke free and there was no carpet in the room just a nice smooth wood looking floor, no nasty carpet with years of hidden dirt.

The staff was very polite and helpful and the hotel is just a very short walking distance from the Alamo, River walk and all the other cool things in down town San Antonio.

The only thing I didn't like was paying for parking or at the very least they should include parking into the price of the room, because even though the room on a weekday was 67 bucks a night through priceline, the real cost of the room (when you include parking) was 74 bucks a night and that's not including taxes either, It's always nice when your able to see what all the basics are going to cost up front when shopping for a hotel room.

The bottom Line? I believe this is a 2 star hotel but the location and quality of the hotel is closer to a 3 star but with a 2 star price even though they charge for parking. I really enjoyed my stay here and if your looking for a nice, clean, comfortable, affordable hotel to stay in that is a short distance away from all the fun, and you don't want to spend big bucks on a room you will only sleep in? then this place is for you! I highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank y2quest
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I will be sure to share your comments with the team as encouragement to keep up the good work. I am glad to hear that you found our location convenient. Our downtown location is within walking distance of all the major attractions that our city has to offer. We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really appreciated the friendliness and helpful staff here at the Red Roof Inn. Especially considering the fact that Red Roof is not a high end hotel.
Veronica & Angela did a great job in cleaning our room & we really enjoyed visiting with Darlene, one of the managers. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VKing2013
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. I know that Veronica, Angela and Darlene will be excited to hear that they helped to enhance your experience with us. We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to you next visit to the Alamo City!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Room Theft at Red Roof Inn downtown, San Antonio.

I AM A SIX MONTHS PREGNANT WOMAN.

I stayed at this hotel to attend the 54th American Translators Association conference that was held at Marriot across the street. After returning to my room at the second night (11/08/2013), my door room was opened and somebody stole my purse, my Ipad, my wallet and my friend’s expensive make-up. I called the police, they came and did a report. The hotel did not do anything for this matter. The following day my friend went to the hotel and the manager called DARLENE ( she’s the manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio – Seaworld, she was there replacing the manager Bryan) asked my friend how well she knew me and suggested that I (a six months pregnant) could be the one behind the theft together with some translators from the conference. I have a witness to prove that. I came back home and my husband called the manager Bryan (11/10/13) and told him what the manager DARLENE had said and he simply said that it was her job to say things like that. We did not even hear the sentence: “I am sorry”. So, to make the situation clear: Is it a manager job to accuse a customer of stealing, not the police?

I will make sure to send this review to EVERY translator and interpreter who was attending this conference, approximately 1,600 people. They are professionals who travel all year around not only to attend conferences but to work as well. I will use the hashtags from the conference too, in order to reach more people who could not attend the conference.

Look friends, I hope my review is useful for you. DO NOT ever stay at this hotel. The employees are not well trained and if they treat a pregnant woman like a thief, could you imagine how they would treat you?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Gisele d
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We apologize for any misinterpretations that may have happened with regards to interaction with our management team. We understand what it is like to experience a loss of items and we empathize with you. Our hotel and our company takes issues of theft very seriously and cooperate fully with police.

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Ocean City
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Rooms were clean, furnishings current, bathroom clean. Location was convient and close enough to downtown and far enough away to be not be in the high rent district. Wish the breakfast could be upgraded from grab n go to full continental. Staff, very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: Unfornuately we had a room at the end of the hallway next to the egress stair that folks used to acc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Douglas G
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family in our hotel and you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times. It has had some updates (laminate flooring, new furniture). It is walking distance to the Alamo, convention center and the Riverwalk. The room was clean. love the fact that it is pet friendly and has free wifi. Parking is $7 a night (last time I stayed it was free but that was a long time ago) and there is a garage with direct access to the building - awesome if it's raining.

Room Tip: Be warned that rooms on the front side of the building can be noisy but that's to be expected gi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PickyGirlTravels
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our NextGen rooms and were able to bring your pet along. As a brand, Red Roof loves pets! We offer no pet fees for you to bring your furry family member along. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of our great location near the Riverwalk and Alamo. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward seeing you again!