“Our weekend at RED ROOF INN ::::::”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #166 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Room Theft at Red Roof Inn downtown, San Antonio.

I AM A SIX MONTHS PREGNANT WOMAN.

I stayed at this hotel to attend the 54th American Translators Association conference that was held at Marriot across the street. After returning to my room at the second night (11/08/2013), my door room was opened and somebody stole my purse, my Ipad, my wallet and my friend’s expensive make-up. I called the police, they came and did a report. The hotel did not do anything for this matter. The following day my friend went to the hotel and the manager called DARLENE ( she’s the manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio – Seaworld, she was there replacing the manager Bryan) asked my friend how well she knew me and suggested that I (a six months pregnant) could be the one behind the theft together with some translators from the conference. I have a witness to prove that. I came back home and my husband called the manager Bryan (11/10/13) and told him what the manager DARLENE had said and he simply said that it was her job to say things like that. We did not even hear the sentence: “I am sorry”. So, to make the situation clear: Is it a manager job to accuse a customer of stealing, not the police?

I will make sure to send this review to EVERY translator and interpreter who was attending this conference, approximately 1,600 people. They are professionals who travel all year around not only to attend conferences but to work as well. I will use the hashtags from the conference too, in order to reach more people who could not attend the conference.

Look friends, I hope my review is useful for you. DO NOT ever stay at this hotel. The employees are not well trained and if they treat a pregnant woman like a thief, could you imagine how they would treat you?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Gisele d
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We apologize for any misinterpretations that may have happened with regards to interaction with our management team. We understand what it is like to experience a loss of items and we empathize with you. Our hotel and our company takes issues of theft very seriously and cooperate fully with police.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Rooms were clean, furnishings current, bathroom clean. Location was convient and close enough to downtown and far enough away to be not be in the high rent district. Wish the breakfast could be upgraded from grab n go to full continental. Staff, very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: Unfornuately we had a room at the end of the hallway next to the egress stair that folks used to acc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas G
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family in our hotel and you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times. It has had some updates (laminate flooring, new furniture). It is walking distance to the Alamo, convention center and the Riverwalk. The room was clean. love the fact that it is pet friendly and has free wifi. Parking is $7 a night (last time I stayed it was free but that was a long time ago) and there is a garage with direct access to the building - awesome if it's raining.

Room Tip: Be warned that rooms on the front side of the building can be noisy but that's to be expected gi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PickyGirlTravels
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our NextGen rooms and were able to bring your pet along. As a brand, Red Roof loves pets! We offer no pet fees for you to bring your furry family member along. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of our great location near the Riverwalk and Alamo. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward seeing you again!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is close to the Riverwalk. I was a bit put-off at first at having to walk under an overpass-but it is colorfully lit at night with Vegas type lights. The room was just average, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very, very mediocre, I have to say. But since there is a great food court in the Macy's Mall nearby, I guess that isn't a big deal. Overall, it was a good deal, and I would stay there again for the right price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin B
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found the staff to be friendly. I will be sure to share this review with them as an encouragement to keep up the good work. As you mentioned, we are in a great location, just a short 4 blocks to the Riverwalk and Alamo. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you again next time you are in the Alamo City.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We arrived a bit early on our trip coming from Austin (at 11am!) - and they let us check in! Really helpful of the staff. This is more like a hotel than a motel, really nice rooms (laminate flooring!) within easy walking distance of the Alamo and other attractions in the city. Breakfast was however disappointing with some pretty nasty pastries and bagels and not much else.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy that we are able to accommodate an early check-in for you and that you found the staff to be helpful. We have started to make enhancements to our breakfast and new items will be rolled out soon. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Alamo City.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel was great. I had such a pleasant stay and found the hotel extremely modern and you can tell they had newly renovated the place. I had the best sleep ever since the beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was spotless. Everyone thats works at this hotel is really friendly and have great customer service. I recommend this hotel to all travellers as it has something for everyone especially the beautiful outdoor pool!! Overall my stay was incredible and I will definitely stay here when visiting San Antonio again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shankar N
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that your stay with us. Our NextGen rooms feature Rest Suite beds by Serta for a great nights sleep along with modern features such as flat screen TV's, hard wood floors, vessel sinks and additional outlets for all of your gadgets. Our goal is for each guest to leave the hotel delighted with their stay, from the room to the service. I am glad we were able to accomplish that and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next time you are in the San Antonio area.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love the stay there, so comfortable and felt safe, Beds were wonderful, the room was pleasant. Service was excellent. Staff very nice and respectful. I would stay there again the room was pretty much my price range.......

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria G
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your kind words regarding our new NextGen rooms with Serta bedding as well as the compliments to our staff. I will be sure to share your review with them. We are happy that we have become your hotel of choice in San Antonio and look forward to your next visit.