“Worth the price & great location!”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #166 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I came for a few days on vacation on a budget. We stayed here bc it was one of the best deals and in walking distance to the river walk. It's about a 5-10 min walk and saved us from parking ( there is a $7 parking fee per day) but worth it. It was
Clean and remodeled. Not a bad place for the price!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Mercmed
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy that you found our hotel to be a great value. Within walking distance of the Riverwalk, many guests enjoy our great location! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Alamo city!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were in for Lackland AFB graduation (4 night stay). All hotel staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable and reasonably clean. I say reasonably because laminate floor was gritty and kind of nasty. Walking on floor in socks left visible dirt / hair on feet...ewe!...... I would have expected a deeper cleaning of the room between customers. Faucet in sink was ajar. I told maintenance but no response while we were there. I'm surprised housekeeping has not reported issue as it was difficult to turn water on / off. Breakfast offerings were very basic, prepackaged pastries and bagels, fruit. On a 4 day stay, I would have liked to see a little variation and real milk or cream instead of powdered for coffee. 5th floor vending machine ripped us off for drinks a couple of times. Location was great. All in all, I would stay here again.... I appreciate the fact that the manager is commenting personally on most of the feedback posts. While some of my comments (and others) may seem 'nit picky' to some, the take away here is attention to detail. Attention to detail is the difference between a so-so average hotel (or business) and a great one!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kayrock65

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is feedback like yours which helps us in re-training our housekeeping staff to provide better service and more attention to detail. We are working hard to improve in this area and I am confident that on your next stay with us, you will have a much better experience. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Our second stay here in about 4 years. We like the price and simplicity. The location requires a 3 block walk to the Alamo, river center mall or Riverwalk (hence the price). The rooms have been updated and all staff we encountered (especially Maribel) were helpful and friendly. Our room's wood laminate floors were pet friendly as advertised but not so nice for two kids under 3 walking around. We requested that it be cleaned and they did sweep the hair that was everywhere but we couldn't tell any mopping took place. Maribel comped our parking fees for the trouble. Probably won't stay here again.

1  Thank William D
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. For all of our guests who stay more than one night, we offer a Go Green Service option, which limits the usage of chemicals and water into our ecosystem. With this service, we make your bed, replace your towels and empty your trash during each day of your stay. If you decide that you would like your room to be fully serviced each day, you simply let the front desk know or leave your Go Green card on your bed to notify housekeeping. I apologize if this was not communicated clearly.

On your next stay, please let the front desk know that you would like full service each day of your stay and we would be more than happy to accommodate that request for you.

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely hope that you give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

the staff where all so friendly ,helpful , and so polite ,plus the rooms where cleaned daily ,I would definitely stay there again if I ever get the chance to return,my elder brother & myself enjoyed the hotel & friendliness of the stff ,fantastic.

Room Tip: no restaurant but a buffet in the mornings
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review! I will be sure to share your experience with our staff. I know that they will be happy to see that we gave you a great stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in San Antonio!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went to San Antonio on a weekday and stayed Mon. thru Friday. The hotel had a lot of business people going to conventions during the week and was very busy. My room was newly remodeled and very clean. It did have a musty odor from the A/C that you noticed every time you left and then came back. The room was very comfaortable. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The continental breakfast was like a free for all in the mornings with all the business people getting breakfast. One morning the trash cans in the breakfast area was overflowing. The trash can in the parking garage needed dumping for 2 days. Overall the stay was a good one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you visiting our hotel and hope that you enjoyed your time on your vacation. I am so happy to hear that you found the room to be comfortable. Our NextGen rooms feature flat screen TV's, laminate flooring and vessel sinks along with new comfortable bedding. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am surprised at how picky people are! Get out and enjoy life and don't nitpick!

We booked this on our way back from the Gulf and we had to be at the airport the following morning at 3 a.m. so this was booked within two hours of check in. we chose it because of location, we had an afternoon/evening in San Antonio and wanted to be close to the riverwalk AND it was really cheap for a last minute booking on a Saturday. Now, yes its close to the freeway and yes there were some homeless people under it...during the day. We walked back under the bridge after dinner around midnight and the bridge was all lit up in different colors and not a homeless person in sight.

We checked in and got to our room within 5 minutes of stepping through the door. The staff was super friendly and we found our room to be pretty gorgeous, not what we were expecting at all. Of course we didn't spend much time in it but it was beautiful. The parking garage was very conveniently located and was $7 for our visit, not bad for downtown in a big city.

I thought this was a great place to stay. I usually shy away from the places that are the cheapest, etc but we really weren't looking for a long term stay and we were very pleasantly surprised. I don't think I will pass on Red Roof Inn after this visit the next time I am looking for a hotel.

1  Thank A K

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate the kind words you gave regarding your experience at our hotel. We strive to be the best value in the Alamo City by providing a nice room at a nice price with friendly service. I am glad that we made you a Red Roof fan. We are currently undergoing a nationwide renovation to update our hotels to the modern NextGen design. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

booked and had confirmation for a King room,check in at 7:30pm on 6/10/13.front desk said room not clean and housekeeping gone for the day.Put us in another room with a promise to give us King room next day.Reminded front desk twice and they said don't worry when coming back we will get the king room.Come back at 9:30pm Tue,there is a new person(Roger) at front desk said he did not know nothing and he just came from vacation,request to speak to a Manager was denied and threaten to call cops .Had to Cancel my reservation and move to a different hotel late night and pay higher rate.Red Roof Inn got me good and spoiled the entire vacation. They had my sold my Room to someone else for a higher rate.Be aware they will get you and you can't move because it is in downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. It is unacceptable for a room to not be available for a reserved guest and I assure you that it is not our policy to cancel reservations to sell for a higher rate as you alluded to in your comments.

Your situation is unique and unfortunate and I would like the ability to address this to ensure that this situation is not repeated in the future. Please reach out to me at the phone number or email below so that we can come up with a resolution for you and improve going forward.

Once again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk