“Great hotel for the price”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #156 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Texarkana, TX
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was skeptical when my husband found this place online when we usually stay at nicer, more expensive hotels. Really though, you can't beat it for the money.
Pros:
Price
Clean rooms for the most part
Close to Riverwalk
Fridge and microwave in room
Free breakfast
Covered parking garage that connects to hotel

Cons:
Location is also a con. It is right next to the interstate so lots of road noise. It's close to the Riverwalk but not on the Riverwalk. You have to go under the interstate bridge and wall a few blocks to get to there. Saw a few homeless people sleeping under there. We didn't want to walk under there at night so had to drive. Also, it rained and didn't want to walk that far in the rain.
I swear there was a hair on every towel we got.
We couldn't get housekeeping to clean our room in a timely manner. The first day we got back to our room at 5:30 and housekeeping came at 6 and asked if they could clean, that they had been busy. Ugh. Next day we got back to our room at 3 and they still hadn't been here.
Breakfast is just bagels oatmeal and package danishes
Parking is $7 a night

• Stayed June 2013
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found the value in our hotel!

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues getting your room serviced in a timely manner. We have recently increased our staffing levels in our housekeeping department to ensure that all guests get serviced in timely fasion. I apologize that you had to deal with this, but I assure you that we are working to ensure that this does not happen in the future. I also would like to apologize for you finding hair on your towels. This is not acceptable and will be addressed with the laundry and housekeeping staff immediately.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you next time that you visit San Antonio!

210-229-9973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This newly remodeled facility which is very close to the Riverwalk provided a friendly, clean, well decorated atmosphere at "bargain basement" prices. Covered parking, a swimming pool and very well kept, well appointed room combined with the friendly staff to provide a good place to stay. It is just far enough off the Riverwalk to provide a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our NextGen rooms, complete with new bedding, flat screen TVs, and vessel sinks. We pride ourselves on being the best value in the Alamo area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Customer service was excellent; staff very attentive to my needs, cheerful and very professional in all aspects. This Red Roof Inn is an easy walk to the Alamo and thus made it a natural choice. Employee Edward Martinez was particularly helpful in quickly and efficiently solving a minor problem with my room. It was a delight to return to my cool, comfortable room after a long day touring the Alamo. Due to my very positive experience there I am delighted to recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Edward to serve as encouragement to keep up the good work! As you stated, we are in a great location, just 4 blocks from the Alamo and Riverwalk. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio!

Hamilton, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was impressed by the whole experience. The hotel was book solid because of the George Strait concert but they still handled each individual without rushing them through the check in process. The room was very clean and roomy. The one time I had a question for the desk, even though I knew they were swamped with customers, the operater was very happy to answer my questions. And we really liked and appreciated the under cover parking area. The fact that you had to have a room key to enter the parking garage made us feel safer. Thanks for a nice experience. The fact that it was within walking distance of the Alamodome was a very big plus for us. Did not have to pay the huge parking fees that the Dome has!

Room Tip: I am always in on a little sofer bed, but these beds were not the board hard that most hotels usuall...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your experience with our hotel while visiting our city for the “big” concert. We had a lot of fans in the city over that weekend and very happy that we made you feel comfortable and welcome during your stay. The parking in this area is very limited and we are very happy that you were able to take advantage of not only our great location but our secure parking.
Our next gen rooms have all been furnished with Serta perfect sleepers, giving our guest a better night’s sleep. I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself in the beautiful Alamo city and we all look forward to serving you again should you return to the area.

Bryan Lawer GM
1011 E Houston ST.
San Antonio TX 78205
(210)229-9973 i0248redroof.com
Alice, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a great time. We had good rooms except for the new sinks. They took up to much sink space. Maraibel team member was a great help in finding us a great place for breakfast, couldn't have asked for more. Maribel is a fantastic employee, she helped us out with a lot questions we had. Will sure to go back and stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you had a great time and that Maribel took great care of you. We do offer a grab-and-go continental breakfast at our hotel, but if you are looking for a hot meal, we have great alternatives to offer in the area. I will be sure to recognize Maribel for her great customer service.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find our new vessel sinks to your liking. When designing our new NextGen rooms, we took guest feedback to heart and designed the rooms with our guests comfort in mind. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our design team.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!

Houston
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I spent the Memorial Day weekend in San Antonio. After a long day of walking, it was nice to come back to a clean room to sleep. The room was clean and the water pressure was excellent.
Carlos, the Hotel Shift Manager was on the ball. He handled all of our requests with a smile on his face. He is the reason I'm writing this review.
Great Value, Great Price!
I'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn again for sure.

Room Tip: We liked the bottom floor. More of a personal preference.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you found our NextGen design rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you found the staff to be friendly and informative. I know that the team will be excited to hear the positive feedback when I share it with them today and it will surely serve as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the beautiful Alamo city!

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown
Cleburne, TX
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of this hotel. The staff was EXTREMELY courteous, the room was wonderful, I had NO complaints at all about anything that was within the hotels control. The nice lady who checked me in offered me use of their computers to get internet specials for Sea World, she treated my 9 year old as if she was an adult guest as well, she even gave my dog a treat!!! We were just a few short blocks from the Riverwalk and all it has to offer. I will most certainly be staying here again when I come back to San Antonio!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your experience with our brand here in the beautiful Alamo city. I am so happy to hear that you were impressed with the hotel and that our staff welcomed you and made you feel at home. It is our goal to give our guest a great stay for a great price this includes our four legged family members. We look forward to serving you and your family again when you return to the area.

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown