“Great Location at Bargain Price”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #161 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This newly remodeled facility which is very close to the Riverwalk provided a friendly, clean, well decorated atmosphere at "bargain basement" prices. Covered parking, a swimming pool and very well kept, well appointed room combined with the friendly staff to provide a good place to stay. It is just far enough off the Riverwalk to provide a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our NextGen rooms, complete with new bedding, flat screen TVs, and vessel sinks. We pride ourselves on being the best value in the Alamo area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Customer service was excellent; staff very attentive to my needs, cheerful and very professional in all aspects. This Red Roof Inn is an easy walk to the Alamo and thus made it a natural choice. Employee Edward Martinez was particularly helpful in quickly and efficiently solving a minor problem with my room. It was a delight to return to my cool, comfortable room after a long day touring the Alamo. Due to my very positive experience there I am delighted to recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Edward to serve as encouragement to keep up the good work! As you stated, we are in a great location, just 4 blocks from the Alamo and Riverwalk. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was impressed by the whole experience. The hotel was book solid because of the George Strait concert but they still handled each individual without rushing them through the check in process. The room was very clean and roomy. The one time I had a question for the desk, even though I knew they were swamped with customers, the operater was very happy to answer my questions. And we really liked and appreciated the under cover parking area. The fact that you had to have a room key to enter the parking garage made us feel safer. Thanks for a nice experience. The fact that it was within walking distance of the Alamodome was a very big plus for us. Did not have to pay the huge parking fees that the Dome has!

Room Tip: I am always in on a little sofer bed, but these beds were not the board hard that most hotels usuall...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your experience with our hotel while visiting our city for the “big” concert. We had a lot of fans in the city over that weekend and very happy that we made you feel comfortable and welcome during your stay. The parking in this area is very limited and we are very happy that you were able to take advantage of not only our great location but our secure parking.
Our next gen rooms have all been furnished with Serta perfect sleepers, giving our guest a better night’s sleep. I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself in the beautiful Alamo city and we all look forward to serving you again should you return to the area.

Bryan Lawer GM
1011 E Houston ST.
San Antonio TX 78205
(210)229-9973 i0248redroof.com

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a great time. We had good rooms except for the new sinks. They took up to much sink space. Maraibel team member was a great help in finding us a great place for breakfast, couldn't have asked for more. Maribel is a fantastic employee, she helped us out with a lot questions we had. Will sure to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you had a great time and that Maribel took great care of you. We do offer a grab-and-go continental breakfast at our hotel, but if you are looking for a hot meal, we have great alternatives to offer in the area. I will be sure to recognize Maribel for her great customer service.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find our new vessel sinks to your liking. When designing our new NextGen rooms, we took guest feedback to heart and designed the rooms with our guests comfort in mind. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our design team.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I spent the Memorial Day weekend in San Antonio. After a long day of walking, it was nice to come back to a clean room to sleep. The room was clean and the water pressure was excellent.
Carlos, the Hotel Shift Manager was on the ball. He handled all of our requests with a smile on his face. He is the reason I'm writing this review.
Great Value, Great Price!
I'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn again for sure.

Room Tip: We liked the bottom floor. More of a personal preference.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you found our NextGen design rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you found the staff to be friendly and informative. I know that the team will be excited to hear the positive feedback when I share it with them today and it will surely serve as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the beautiful Alamo city!

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of this hotel. The staff was EXTREMELY courteous, the room was wonderful, I had NO complaints at all about anything that was within the hotels control. The nice lady who checked me in offered me use of their computers to get internet specials for Sea World, she treated my 9 year old as if she was an adult guest as well, she even gave my dog a treat!!! We were just a few short blocks from the Riverwalk and all it has to offer. I will most certainly be staying here again when I come back to San Antonio!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your experience with our brand here in the beautiful Alamo city. I am so happy to hear that you were impressed with the hotel and that our staff welcomed you and made you feel at home. It is our goal to give our guest a great stay for a great price this includes our four legged family members. We look forward to serving you and your family again when you return to the area.

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I don't normally write bad reviews as I believe in "if you dont have anything nice to say" however I feel I have to warn other people from the fantasy of staying off the "riverwalk with a view for the deluxe room" - NOT my "deluxe room view of the riverwalk" was more like a view of a run down mechanic shop. Once in my room I rec'd a charge for a safe that I couldn't use. It was broken and when the front desk came to "fix" it they said that they had to come back I just told them to forget it as I was not going to wait around until someone came and waste my trip. The hair dryer in the room did not work and the AC unit in the room kept coming and going sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. This hotel does not appear to have central AC even in the lobby and hallways). They offered to call me when they could move me to another room and never got a call back. The "breakfast bar" was over croweded with lack of seating. When i pressed to get orange juice it was just water. This is within walking distance of the river walk however you have to go underneath a freeway overpass and around a shady corner to get to the Riverwalk area. I could understand these issues if I had paid the same as a Motel 6 but I shelled out almost $200.00 for one night to be honest it just was not worth it - if you want fancy for $200.00 do not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn S, Assistant General Manger at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had this experience and would like to reassure you that your concerns will be addressed with the team. It is our goal to give our guest’s a great stay for a great price and apologize that you do not feel this way. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would love to tell you in person and see what I can do to help rectify the issues you had with your accommodations. Thank you again for making us aware and hope to hear from you
Darlene Silva