“TRIP to LACKLAND AFB”

Ranked #163 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Kansas City, Missouri
“TRIP to LACKLAND AFB”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room they gave me at first was not nice, but i called the front desk and they made quick changes to a cleaner room. I really think she gave me the room by mistake but they wanted to resolve any problems. I always pull my bed to make sure it is clean and the bathrooms are clean which it was very satisfactory. The staff was nice especially the managers were very friendly. I got to know them since I stayed for a week. The walls are good meaning you can't hear any noise or talking next door to you. make sure when you walk in your room there is a card on the bed next to the pillow with a signature of who cleaned it on your first day. They have a continental breakfast but it you want to eat at Dennys it is 5 min away if you walk. The parking there is $7.00 a day, however i did not drive or rent a vehicle. I road the bus which is next to the hotel. The River walk and sites is walking distance and not far at all. I also caught the bus to the LACKLAND AFB from the river walk and spent the day on base with my son. So overall it met my needs. Oh and also if you decicde not to drive expect to pay the airport shuttle for 1 person round trip is $35.00. They will make sure you get to the hotel from the airport and will pick you up when you are ready to go back to the airport to leave for your flight. p.s I did have food delivered to my room from the restauraunt. I would stick with Mexican or italian food and make sure you have a refrigerator if you need one.

Room Tip: 2nd floor make sure you have scenary out side the window since it is across from a warehouse or buil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Max J, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your experience with our hotel here in San Antonio. I would like to first apologize for the first room you were put in, as this is not a normal experience and will utilize this review in our next employee meeting. I am however happy to hear that you were pleased with the response to the situation and we were able to accommodate you immediately. Our team enjoys getting to know our guest and we always want to make you feel comfortable and welcome during your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you and your family should you return to our beautiful city!
Darlene Silva
Assistant General Manager
San Antonio TX 78205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Vastervik, Sweden
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Excellent hotel. Clean and fresh room. Nice and hospitable staff. The hotel is located close to downtown San Antonio, and close to Riverwalk mall. I can definitely recommend this hotel who wants to visit San Antonio, Texas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review about your stay at our hotel here in the beautiful Alamo City. We are very pleased to hear that you were happy your accommodations and that our staff made you feel welcome during your stay. Our location makes it easy for our guest to enjoy the city with most attractions within walking distance of our property. We appreciate the recommendation and we look forward to serving you again in the future should you visit our area in the future.
Darlene Silva
Assistant General Manager
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The good: I booked this hotel 3 days before visiting San Antonio, and received a great rate. Also, a covered parking garage within the hotel compound for less than 8 bucks is really cheap, compared to the location. The room AC worked perfectly, letting us have a good night's sleep. We walked to the riverwalk (thru the mall), Alamo, childrens museum with my 6 year old. Everything is a short walk away. I read a lot of complains about noise in other reviews, but I did not have any problem with noise. If you have really very sensitive ears, ask for the even number rooms, which are away from the street.
The power outlets in front of the nightstand is REALLY very handy. I have been to many hotels, and in every hotel, my first job is to hunt for free outlets to plug in my laptop and cellphone. This is the first time I did not have to do that, and I thank them for this.
The swimming pool was crowded, so I guess it is ok. We haven't been there.
Breakfast is literally "grab and go" style. Everything is individually wrapped, so you can take it with you.

The bad: Breakfast is simply plain bagel, bluberry and banana nut muffins, apples, juice, coffee.

The ugly: The room we initially received had a clogged sink. Upon complaining, we were told that the sink is missing a part, and we were moved to another room. I was not clear about why did they even give us the room, if they already knew that the sink is not working? Luckily, we did not unpack, and we received the new room only two rooms down. So moving to the different room was not a big hassle
The elevators need a thorough overhaul badly. Their walls are ugly, and the floor carpets are stained.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jerseyans
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us in the beautiful Alamo City. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our proximity to the city to be convenient for you and your family. Some of the best San Antonio attractions are a short walk from our property and happy to see you enjoyed our wonderful city. The extra outlets in the room were inspired by guest such as yourself giving us input and reviews and we are pleased that you found this handy. I did however notice that you did have an issue with your initial room and I truly apologize for this as this should have never happened. Along with our elevator the sink in your initial room has been serviced and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.

Darlene Silva Assistant General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the exact location and the rooms at Red Roof.
This hotel is a very shirt walk to the Alamo, Riverwalk etc and the rooms are great!
I should however mention that this hotel is extremely close to a very busy San Antonio freeway so, if you are a light sleeper bring your earplugs!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the non - freeway end!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AbbsG
Max J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our hotel in the beautiful Alamo City. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and our location in our city. We have just recently undergone a major renovation on our rooms and glad that you enjoyed the new look. Thank you again for your comments and we all look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This Red Roof, is 5 blocks from The Alamo. Lobby is spacious, staff are helpful and friendly. The room is nice, has a safe in the room, and the usual AC, TV but one thing I noticed was 2 power bars, one next to bed and one at desk... Nice touch. There is a pool but I didn't go in.

• Stayed August 2012
Max J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel here in the beautiful Downtown San Antonio. We are very pleased to see that you were happy with your accommodations and our staff was able to make you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. Our newly renovated rooms have all been updated with new flat screen TV’s, new Serta beds and the very important addition of outlets throughout the room. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.
fife
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Excellent location for all the San Antonio sights. Good Inn and not too expensive. Would go again if I ever return to San Antonio. Staff friendly and neither I nor my wife, have any complaints in regard to the Red Roof Inn..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review about your experience with our Hotel here in the beautiful Alamo City. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that our location suited your needs. We are very fortunate to be located so close to the Riverwalk and Alamo allowing our guests the leisure of walking to the local attractions. I will pass on to the team your comments about the friendliness of the staff and we all truly look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.
Tomball, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was great for going into town and the Trolley stop so close. Room did not have a phonebook nor did the front office and the bussiness center not available. breakfast begals had mold on them and the staff continued to serve them. The rooms were somewhat clean but never restocked (coffee, napkins, water, etc.) Had to ask staff for everylittle thing that was needed and they were very busy so that took time. Ice only on the second floor, drink machines only took change cause they needed to be fixed. No fridge in the room and if you wanted one extra charges. I don't think I would come back to this place but did love the location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Hotel here in the beautiful Alamo city. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your comments. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the location and our team was friendly and helpful. I did however notice that you experienced some issues with your accommodations and we are truly sorry for this. We do not keep phone books in our rooms but we do offer to look up any business or residential number for our guest via our computer at the front desk. We apologize that this was not offered at the time of your inquiry. Our vendor was notified of the bagels and was replaced upon the next delivery and regret that you had experienced this. Our housekeeping team was addressed about the lack of supplies replenished in our stay over rooms, utilizing your comments as a coaching tool so future guest do not experience this. Our vending machines have been serviced since your departure and apologize for any inconvenience this may have been to you. We thank you again and would like to extend an invitation for you to return so that you may see the improvements made since your departure.