My husband and I just returned from a one week stay at this hotel in celebration of his 70th birthday. It was a dream come true for both of us. When I emailed the Hyatt asking if it would be possible for us to have a room facing the river as a surprise for my husband's birthday, Sonia replied saying that we would have a room facing the river with a balcony at "no upgrade charge to celebrate 70 wonderful years".. It was a perfect room to watch the sunset each evening. The breakfasts were great and varied each day. Although the entire staff was very accommodating, our vacation was made extra special because of two extraordinary employees, Sonia and Ronnie. Sonia, a very personable and efficient young woman, personally made sure that our week long stay was everything that a special birthday celebration should be. She gave us a tour of the hotel upon our arrival and greeted us each morning by name and assisted us in planning our days. She was excited that my husband was celebrating his birthday at the Hyatt Place and wanted our stay to be a memorable one. And then there was Ronnie, who went out of his way to accommodate the request of my sister to surprise my husband with a special birthday dinner. He communicated with my sister back home and personally had printed a special invitation she emailed to him to surprise my husband. In addition he bought two birthday cards for my husband and delivered them to our room upon our arrival. He worked evenings and upon our return back to the hotel, he would inquire about our evening and ask if we needed any assistance for the next day. One evening, he gave my husband a complimentary muffin as a mini birthday cake. I cannot say enough about these two staff members. We have gone on many vacations over the years, but never have we been treated so special. They both are assets to the Hyatt Place Riverwalk and should be commended. We thank you Sonia and Ronnie and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone contemplating visiting San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking fee $15.00 per night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Amerisuites San Antonio
- Amerisuites Riverwalk San Antonio