“Worthy of the #1 Ranking !”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I love to eat Brazilian and have enjoyed Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao. We did not think food got any better than that until we found Chama Gaucha! OMG - the meats were off the charts fantastic - every cut was a treat. The service was second to NONE.

We are planning our trip back to Texas just to eat here again!

1  Thank NSB-Local
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Most of the beef was very good, 2 kinds of beef too salty. Very friendly and professional waiters. The salads were fresh, for my taste too much mayonese though. All in all a good restaurant, but too expensive for what they offer. Ambiente is like a lunchroom.

1  Thank RestaurantElNene
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Brazilian restaurants are all about the experience. This one did not fail. The service was amazing, from pulling out your chair, placing your napkin in your lap, describing what will happen when you turn your card from red to green. I'll admit I was a little afraid to turn that card over. We enjoyed the salad bar (honestly, if I wasn't saving room for what was to come I would have been in heaven.) The meat and food was really great and my husband and I had a great time sampling ALL the beef, pork, and chicken (I'm sure I ate more than him because I wanted to try everything.) I didn't love the pork tenderloin, and my second piece of filet that was not wrapped in bacon was a bit fatty (a fatty filet?) but all in all we had a great time. I can't rave enough about the service, the hustle everyone there put into "our" experience. Highly recommend. Also the endless loaded mashed potatoes made it the BEST LUNCH EVER.

2  Thank AnnE12302005
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place us absolutely amazing! Great service and delicious food! The best part is you can eat as much as you want! If you visit San Antonio you must try this restaurant!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nice Atmosphere, Great Service, Good Food. Huge Salad Bar with Lots of Selections! Love the Fried Bananas service in between Meat services.