“Awesome Restaurant”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We visited this restaurant as a family celebration as we were visiting family having travelled from the UK. Chama Gaucha is an exceptional Restaurant with excellent service and polite staff. We had a conversation with the Manager as he had relations in Scotland, where we were from. The salad bar was excellent and all the dishes being freshly prepared. The servers were amazing explaining how to eat and not to fill up too quickly. They attended to our every need promptly and efficiently. We tried every type of meat and it was all perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. This was an excellent evening and we would not see anything like this back in the UK. Thank you for wonderful memories.

1  Thank Karen_Tam

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had the great fortune of dining at Chama Gaucha during a family celebration and it was excellent! I have eaten at several Brazilian Steakhouses prior to Chama Gaucha and enjoyed them all but, Chama Gaucha was exceptional. The meats were well prepared, the salad bar was well stocked and very fresh, the drinks were top notch, and the service was all you could ask for...attentive without being smothering.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

From the time we arrived at this restaurant until the time we left we felt welcomed and well taken care of...we were there for our first time at Chama Gaucha with our family to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed and even gave us a delicious slice of their wonderful key lime pie on the house because it was our special night! The food was amazing, from the well stocked and maintained, tasty salad bar, to the delicious meats (I'm not a beef eater but I had plenty to choose from...my favorites were the lamb chops and the pork roast) and their really great little rolls and other tasty sides which kept on appearing on the table as soon as we would run out of them. All 9 of us in our party had a wonderful evening and we were all happy we came to Chama Gaucha.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I love most Brazilian steakhouses that I have tried but this one was a one up on the competitors. I loved the desserts, the cordials for after dinner. The servers were AMAZING and paid attention to every detail we needed. They explained "how" to eat and carefully warned us of filling up too quickly! They said no rush, just enjoy!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Chauma Gaucha is in my opinion one of the best restaurants in san antonio. The moment I walked in, I was met by excellent service and a comfortable atmosphere. The restaurant is taken care of very well. When I was seated, I made my way to the salad bar. It had some good salads, cheeses, and deli meats. The mozzerella with olive oil was so mild and delicious. The apple salad had a sweet flavor to it and I loved that. It was suprising how the mayo and the apples balanced each other out. The old cheese was also delicious. When you decide to eat some meat, you flip a card that is right by your plate to green. The ribeye was so meaty and juicy. I also loved how much flavor they put into all the meats. The pork ribs were also fine. The side dishes that they give you were great. The mashed potatoes were good, but the grilled bananas were excellent. It had this creamy flavor to it and it wasn't as mushy as I thought it would be. The cheese bread that is given to you is also very good and it is always fresh. During my whole experience here, the service was awesome. I was treated like a royal the whole time there. The owner always walks around to see how everything is doing. The only thing that is somewhat bad about this place is the price. Lunch was about 25$/person. Some other food that was really good was their sirlon, filet mignon, and the mushrooms at the salad bar. Chauma Gaucha is the place you want to go to if you are visitng or living in San Antonio.

2  Thank SSSegue