“Way better than Texas de brazil!”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in San Antonio and first experience at Chama Gaucha, the service is second to none, And the quality of food was excellent! I was really impressed and will be back for sure

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

2nd time to this Brazilian steak house and it was even better than the first time. The salad bar is the best anywhere. The salad is fresh, crisp, and well stock. Service is EXCELLENT! The meats are tender, full of flavor, served at table side, great wines, and the dessert was perfect! Highly recommend this place

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had dinner here with a small group after we'd spent two weeks in the field on an FTX. We were in the mood for a special meal and a celebration, and Chama Guacha delivered! The salad bar had many selections, but more importantly, every item I tried was delicious. The meats were exceptional, and as others have noted, it was entirely possible to get medium rare cuts just for the asking. I enjoyed the variety of meats -- the lamb chops were exceptional, and the chicken legs were wonderful, and, of course, the beef cuts were unforgettable. I believe it is possible that this was the most meat I have ever eaten at one time, and yet I had room for desert! The creme brulee was World Class -- smooth, creamy, with a perfect consistency and a perfect crust. I must recommend an after-dinner drink, although I myself did not have it. Two of my friends ordered the Carajillo (it is not on the menu), which is a snifter of vanilla bean brandy, lit on fire and warmed by the flame (I uploaded a photo) and then topped off with a shot of espresso. My friends said it was amazing. The service was attentive and very friendly -- I always felt comfortable while at the same time well cared for. We had many good laughs with the wait staff. And to top it off, while it was a bit of a splurge to come here, the final bill was not overwhelming. I had spent the same amount at one of those Japanese Hibachi Table restaurants the night before, and while that meal was perfectly adequate, the night at Chama Gaucha was a far better value.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very good Brazilian steakhouse in the all-you-can-eat format. I've dined at several of these, including in Rio, and this one is very good. The quality of meat was excellent, and they were able to provide it medium rare as requested. The salad bar is also very good, although not as extensive as Porcau in Rio. Porcau also has a sushi bar, but San Antonio is a little more convenient than Rio.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you enjoy meat, you have to make it to this place. The service is great, the salad is lovely, but don't eat to much because the meat is amazing! This must be my favourite restaurant.