“More meat than I've ever eatin in one sitting!”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More meat than I've ever eatin in one sitting!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had dinner here with a small group after we'd spent two weeks in the field on an FTX. We were in the mood for a special meal and a celebration, and Chama Guacha delivered! The salad bar had many selections, but more importantly, every item I tried was delicious. The meats were exceptional, and as others have noted, it was entirely possible to get medium rare cuts just for the asking. I enjoyed the variety of meats -- the lamb chops were exceptional, and the chicken legs were wonderful, and, of course, the beef cuts were unforgettable. I believe it is possible that this was the most meat I have ever eaten at one time, and yet I had room for desert! The creme brulee was World Class -- smooth, creamy, with a perfect consistency and a perfect crust. I must recommend an after-dinner drink, although I myself did not have it. Two of my friends ordered the Carajillo (it is not on the menu), which is a snifter of vanilla bean brandy, lit on fire and warmed by the flame (I uploaded a photo) and then topped off with a shot of espresso. My friends said it was amazing. The service was attentive and very friendly -- I always felt comfortable while at the same time well cared for. We had many good laughs with the wait staff. And to top it off, while it was a bit of a splurge to come here, the final bill was not overwhelming. I had spent the same amount at one of those Japanese Hibachi Table restaurants the night before, and while that meal was perfectly adequate, the night at Chama Gaucha was a far better value.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Houston
“Excellent Quality”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very good Brazilian steakhouse in the all-you-can-eat format. I've dined at several of these, including in Rio, and this one is very good. The quality of meat was excellent, and they were able to provide it medium rare as requested. The salad bar is also very good, although not as extensive as Porcau in Rio. Porcau also has a sushi bar, but San Antonio is a little more convenient than Rio.

Visited June 2013
Oxford
“Meat feast with wings”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you enjoy meat, you have to make it to this place. The service is great, the salad is lovely, but don't eat to much because the meat is amazing! This must be my favourite restaurant.

Visited February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Never a miss, always very good!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you like meat, then this is going to be your day. Well actually, their salad bar is definitely the best in San Antonio. I mean really, what's not to like about a huge block of blue cheese, huge tender asparagus, and by the way, they will even grill those for you. Ok, ok I'm getting to the all you can eat meat. Slices of succulent steak, leg of lamb, the lamb chops are fabulous! Keep the green side up there is more to come, but to find out more, you will just have to come and find out for yourself.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Love it!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Our family loves this place! With two boys and so much going on around you, I do not worry if they will get enough to eat! Staff is extremely attentive. We have noticed that younger women tend to receive the best service from all of the servers carrying the meats. It's funny to watch. Salad bar is fantastic as well as the Brazilian lemonade.