“Some of the best food you'll ever taste”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,619 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Far North Central
San Antonio, Texas
“Some of the best food you'll ever taste”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had never eaten a Brazillian style steakhouse before I tried Chama for the first time so I wasn't really sure what to expect but I gotta say this place blew me away. The service was top notch across the board. The facilities were extremely nice and the food was some of the best I've had here in San Antonio, the little bacon wrapped filets and chicken were melt in your mouth good and they had some of teh best salad I've ever tasted.

Visited May 2012

• Korean first
World
“Good but not great, better churrascarias out there!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Came here full of anticipation on the reviews . . .

The good:
- service, it was impeccable, fast, extraordinarily attentive, some of the best service anywhere.
- salad bar is thorough and has some pricey, tasty items (lots of cheeses, veggies, etc.)
- brazilian beers! Two varieties, they were decent, not great

The bad:
- meat not that good, hence the rating. Em Chamas in KC is way better on meats. Texas de Brazil about equal (that's no benchmark though)
- dining room is nice but a little too cafeteria, needs booths and more intimacy

Price is fair at $38.50 per person but they should offer a salad bar only option.

• Visited April 2013
“Best ribeye”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place was awesome! The salad bar was delicious, especially the apple salad and the potato salad. The service was excellent and nice. Even the owner was helping out. The steak was so good!!! Their sirloin and ribeye and everything else was awesome. The ribeye really stood out and was so juicy.The sides and the cheesy bread was also good. The strawberry cheesecake was creamy and delicate. Worth the money!!!

• Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've been here once before, but my husband and I decided to eat again for our 1 year wedding anniversary. It was delicious, more meat than anyone could ask for. The salad bar was delicious too, artichokes, cheeses, salad, etc. I loved the fresh mozzarella. The little bread bites with cheese in them the bring to the table are delicious and the meat doesn't stop coming unless you tell it to stop coming. They bring out some sides, including fried bananas, which are delicious and mashed potatoes. I like rice with my meat and asked the waiter and he immediately came back with some rice. When we had finished it, he offered more, all at no charge. We were so full, but because it was our anniversary, we decided to get dessert, my husband ordered cheesecake and all I wanted was some ice cream, the waiter added a scoop for us on the plate (no charge). I know the freebies are nothing compared to what you pay to eat here, but they are something when they don't have to give us anything free. We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary and will definitely be back, this time maybe to celebrate our first baby and soon!

• Visited February 2013
“Great foot, even better service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao in Orlando, FL. This was our first experience at Chama Gaucha on a recent visit to San Antonio. I have to say the meat was the best tasting of the 3 restaurants. Now, I do not know if this is because we were in Texas but being from Brazil myself, I can say we enjoyed the meats. The service was the unforgettable part, tho. I have not seen such caring staff in a long time. And, for the people who say this is a man's restaurant: The waiters are CUTE, LOL! Even my husband had to agree. Why not 5 stars, you ask? Well, they need at least a great smile when they bring you the bill. It is expensive. This Sunday lunch for six set us back over 300 bucks.

• Visited March 2013