“my husband's fav place in the whole restaurant world...:)”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yes, This is a great place, food excellent... Very very good.....
My husband and I have been there multiple times, always wonderful.

1  Thank Satraveler54

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had hoped for a Burger and Seafood as options, since I am not a meat person, per se. It was almost a task to get my meat 'well done', however, service is great, waiters are friendly, polite and very courteous. I did find something which I liked, the Chicken, the Filet Mignon and the Parmesean Pork Loin. To my surprise, there was no fruit nor boiled eggs on the Salad Bar, that I could see; that would have eased my disappointment a bit. I did not care for the Rolls nor the soft Bananas-Plantans. It was a truly different experience for me, compared to what I'm used too. Mashed Potatoes were too soft, and almost tasteless. There was a side of what we called 'hot water Cornbread', however, that is not the correct name for it; it was a bit more tasty than the potatoes. My plate consisted mainly of Salad items, which I enjoyed. The beets would be better, pickled. Would I go back, probably, not, since I really didn't eat $50.00 worth of food; I came out on the 'short-end'. If they add fried/broiled flounder and fruit to the bar, then I would probably return. The ladies whom I was with, seemed to haved enjoyed it, immensely, The atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not having been here before and knowing the price pp, I would probably have referred to this place as "Chama Gotcha" or "Chama Gouge-Ya". Having dined there last nite, I will gladly eat those words along with some pretty damn good "bullneck" (a term my late uncle always used for any kind of beef and that I am now fond of using).

Try to picture any "white table cloth" restaurant you have been to. Add nonpareil attentiveness of service and copious selections of delectable cheeses, salads, and entrees, and you have a snapshot of CG. Picture jacketed waiters moving purposefully about the room as they pull out one's chair and place one's napkin in the lap. Picture numerous servers bearing wonderful savory dishes and delivering them table by table. Got the picture?! Now, run that picture forward in your mind and speed it up 3 or 4 times. That's the essence of a frenetic but well orchestrated CG visit!

I have never seen so many wait people on the floor at one time and moving with such alacrity!! Carrying skewers heavily laden with different cuts of meet and machete size carving knives, these "sabre dancers" gracefully moved from table to table deftly slicing off hunks of meat to the specification of its recipient. Want your rib eye burned to the point of charcoal briquette resemblance, or prefer it with the cud and still mooing, tell one of your many servers, or Jordan the manager, and they / he will make it so.

It would be a difficult choice to say which of the Picanha, filet mignon, or Fraldinha meats I enjoyed the most, but these were my top three selections. I found these three to be the pinnacle of flavor, juiciness and tenderness Tip: have the server carve from the outside grilled surface of the meat if you like more seasoning / salt, or deeper into the piece, depending on your preference for degree of doneness, if you don't.

Beef lovers, this is a place where you can rejoice truly, madly, deeply . . . . Yes. It's that good (the chicken, lamb, and pork are also good). This northside mecca of meat, this brazilian carnival for the carnivorous is a heavenly buffet of sinful proportion. I think my gluttonous self shall not be hungry again until a week from yesterday!

1  Thank OmniEpicurean
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse the best in the city! Outstanding Atmosphere, Outstanding food, Outstanding & Humongous salad bar!

1  Thank MoDa0206
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent restaurant...excellent cuts of meat. Be sure to try the sirloin. Over-the-top service. Be sure to bring plenty of cash; it is not cheap. For a special occasion, absolutely perfect!
5 Stars for this one!!!