“Great breakfast”

Ranked #560 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Far West Side
Description: The Egg & I San Antonio, Texas breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hostesses and server were wonderful and friendly. The food was delicious. Their breakfast menu is extensive and whimsical. Definitely check it out!

There are newer reviews for The Egg & I

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was surprised by the quality of the food. Took my Dad here this afternoon. It was a dreary day, so we were wanting breakfast late. Tired of Jim's and having vowed to never go back to I-Hop, we headed out to try the Egg & I. Turns out it was a good choice. It got off to a slow start service-wise, but our waitress finally showed and once we had a pot of coffee, we were happy. The coffee was definitely better than most breakfast places. The taste was smooth and rich. Came with fresh little pots of cream and not the over-processed packets of questionable creaminess. I ordered grits and an English muffin. My father was in the mood for waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs. Everything was served quickly and piping hot. A nice change from Jim's, which is usually served warm, at best. I mean I had to drop my English muffing down it was so warm. It was toasted perfectly, which you may not think is a big deal, but have you ordered muffins lately? This was the first time in over a year I've eaten a perfectly hot and toasted muffin, so it's something to celebrate. Also, I've come to love grits and it's hard to find non-lumpy, thick grits. These were done well. Same with everything on my Dad's plate. He can get grumpy over food, but this trip was a nice change and he was very happy with his meal. (No small feat!)

Atmosphere leaves a little to be desired, but hey, I'm usually a little groggy over breakfast, so you might not notice. A nice feature they have is a free meeting room if your guests order food. It's a nice spot. Good location right off of IH-10.

Yes, I'd go back. I'd like to try their Eggs Benedict and their lunch specials.

1  Thank TallyHoHoHo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wonderful spot for breakfast near Sea World. Good food and great service. Eggs with cream cheese. Pancakes with nuts, bananas, and strawberries. Good coffee. All good stuff...would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Food was plentiful. Other than the potatoes being undercooked and under seasoned for all five of us, the food was fairly good. The service was friendly and efficient. Wish we had an Egg & I in our town.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Took the grandkids and family. Very good breakfast and resonable. @ $65 for 7 people. I had the traditional breakfast and very good. No kids menus, they had run out but food was cute for kids.