“If I could have given you zero I would have...”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #556 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Far West Side
Description: The Egg & I San Antonio, Texas breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Lets start off with we almost went to ihop but saw the sign peeking out of the corner n since we never been thought we should go "BIG MISTAKE" we walked in and it took a good 5mins for us to be noticed when we said how many were in our party the host started to get he menus together and then turned around and started to walk away. I didn't know if she wanted me to follow her or what, but when she turned back with a rude glare we fallowed. When we were sat it was a booth entirely to small for us and the children. Our waitress came over to get our drinks and we ordered our food. No one told us of the specials (which we saw as we were leaving....) When we got our food it looked as if it had been through a car wreck. My blueberry sauce was sitting on top of my pancake running out of the cup on to my pancake, which also was missing a huge chunk. (I guess the cooks got hungry.) My husband was missing his eggs he got with his waffle that didn't come out until he was done with his meal. Our waitress was no where to be found until the eggs arrived. Someone kept vacuuming around us we felt like we were being rushed out. When our check came, two minutes after my husbands eggs came, we were shocked at how fast the check was brought and how much it was. When we were leaving they locked the doors behind us. If they had served us quicker we would have been out of there quicker. Maybe Wednesdays are just not their days. ihop it is for us.

1  Thank Vanessa V
There are newer reviews for The Egg & I

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good food, excellent service, staff
Crab cakes and Eggs very good
The menu is varied and such a nice staff make you feel
Wanted, the young guy that is the manager/host, is so personable

Reviewed July 12, 2012

everything was good in here. I liked the coffee. Service was great!! I would be back next time im in san antonio.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Healthy options available for breakfast. Our server was wonderful. Food was fresh and tasty. I ordered texas chicken hash. It was different then my usual breakfast choice but it was very good. Huge portions.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We ate here for the first time. Wonderful food, both healthy and unhealthy. Loved it. Just like a bed and breakfast but in a strip center. wonderful!