“Friendly and Convenient”

Ranked #37 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Stanton, United States
“Friendly and Convenient”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Right on I-10 so extremely convenient. Very friendly staff. They went out of their way to greet me and my son. The rooms and beds are clean and comfortable. Early breakfast was hot and ready. Overall great experience. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience and that you found the location to be convenient! Our friendly staff are passionate and dedicated to providing individualized service, looking after each of our guests! We have a great variety on our breakfast, so be sure not to miss out, and if you have any suggestions, we always love to hear these at the hotel! We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after getting an excellent rate online. We booked a room with double beds and within minutes of booking, somebody from the hotel called and said they were sold out of those rooms. When I asked about cancelling, the woman immediately offered the use of the family suite for the night. We had a lot of room, LOVED the Texas shaped waffles, and enjoyed the comfortable beds and pillows. We slept well and felt the room was clean. If we were in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you received a great rate as booking directly through Best Western offers a lowest rate guarantee or by calling the hotel property on 210-661-8669. I am surprised to hear that our hotel was sold out of rooms with two beds, as our system would not normally allow this to happen for online bookings. I am glad that you found the accommodations comfortable, clean and spacious. The Texas-shaped waffles are a great hit! We hope to see you in the future.
East Bernard, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Room was adequate, but dated. Couches were well worn and sagging. Beds were small and very firm. There were plenty of pillows, but lacked extra blankets. We stayed in suite with 2 rooms, fridge and stove...but no utensils or plates and glasses. Breakfast was typical, not outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad the room was adequate for your needs. I am sorry that you felt the room was dated. I did get maintenance to check the couches and apologize if there were any issues. Ensuring the hotel is in the best condition is very important to us. The two-bed kitchen suite rooms have queen-sized pillow-top beds, which a majority of guests find to be very comfortable. All of the kitchen utensils and extra bedding is available at Front Desk upon request. Next time, just ask, we will be happy to assist you with anything we can! We hope to see you again!
Berwyn, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had a generally good experience at this hotel...Service was good and the room very clean and comfortable. The only negative was the breakfast...there was hot food...egg 'rounds' (like what they use on an egg mcmuffin) sausage, biscuits, gravy, french toast 'sticks', etc. These were kept in a warming cabinet and were dried out..not tasty at all. But I should have just chosen other items...there was many other items to chose from. So, stay at this hotel...but just don't chose hot items for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. We take pride in providing great service and clean, comfortable rooms! I am sorry to hear your experience at breakfast. I would like to reassure you that this is not a normal occurrence, as it is important for us to always have fresh items stocked appropriately to prevent drying. Our Front Desk staff or Breakfast Attendant would have been happy to get you some fresh items out if you had let them know there were any issues. We do have great variety of hot and cold items and are always looking for new ideas to improve our selection. I hope you come back to see us again for a tastier breakfast!
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We did have some issues but when they were brought to the attention of management they were addressed. If you stay here, be sure to get management involved soon. I probably would not stay at this hotel again if another Best Western was available.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to talk through the issues and we were able to provide you a solution. We always encourage our guests to let us know immediately if there are any concerns, so that we can promptly help to resolve them. I hope that you can give us another try for a fully satisfactory experience.
forney, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had a wonderful stay. The staff was very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure my group and I had a great experience. They had the best breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel. The location was perfect for all the events in the area we were participating at and was very easy to find.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! It was delightful to host your group and hear that you had a wonderful stay. Our team will always do all that we can to make your stay a fantastic experience. The breakfast we offer does have a wide variety of hot and cold items, including a Texas-shaped hot waffle! We are glad that everything worked out well for you! Look forward to seeing you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We booked a suite with two bedrooms and being on the side of of the building looking at the highway, the noise was really an issue especially at night. We actually noticed the noise right away when we entered the room that evening and when went back to the reception to change room, I was told that usually people don't complain about it. The lady was nice and she did try to help but since we were 5, we couldn't stay in a room with only two beds on the other side of the building.
The next morning I decided to leave (we were booked for two nights) because I couldn't stand the idea of an other sleepless night. The new receptionist told me that noise was a common issue and that the hotel was working on getting better sound proof windows. She did confirm the hotel was under two years old. The hotel did look new and I was pretty surprised about that kind of issue with the windows.

I guess if you don't mind the noise, or can stay in the "good side" and far away from the highway it's a really good hotel (nice staff, clean facilities, beds are on the hard side (like a futon) but some people like it that way). The suite was clean, but all rooms were small. Also, even if we booked for 5, only 4 large towels in the bathroom, and no bedding for the sofa bed, we had to go downstair pick it up since they didn't want/couldn't bring it to us.
Not the best experience, but little should be needed for improvement.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found the highway noise to be an issue. An extra window has been installed in the bedrooms of the particular suite room and an additional window is to be installed in the living area to help with noise reduction. The project is continuing throughout the hotel to help with sound-proofing. The hotel was built 5 years ago, and we are always adding improvements.

It is unfortunate that the proposed room transfer did not work out for you. Normally upon check-in additional amenities for the suite room are offered. I apologize if this did not happen. Our pillow-top beds are enjoyed by the majority of guests. I hope that you did get a pleasant sleep on your second night, and I would like to welcome you back for a peaceful stay.