BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Ranked #41 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Bryan, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel staff was the worse I've ever experienced. Every time we stepped out the elevator they asked for our name, room number, where we were going. We stayed two nights and our room was not cleaned ( trash was not taken out) we did not receive clean towels we had to ask someone for towels. I travel all the time and will never stay or recommend this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Sabina S
Rupesh P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I apologize sincerely if you felt like you were being questioned. Part of our staff's training is to ensure the safety and security of all of the guest in the hotel. On this occasion we had a discrepancy with the reservation as we had received it for two adults and two children, and there were seen to be three adults and four children staying in the room. We do have to ask for accurate information due to fire safety guidelines and the guest service associate had to ensure who would be staying in the room. We did also have to charge an extra $10.00 for the extra adult in the room as the reservation came through for only 2 adults and the extra charge was not reflected.

I am sorry that you also had issues with the housekeeping on the day that you stayed over. I have looked into this matter and spoken to the housekeeper who cleaned your room, as well as read the housekeeping and front desk log for the morning you extended with us. It shows that you had a late check out at 3:00 p.m. but then decided to extend for the night and the housekeeping list shows that you only asked for towels to be exchanged from your room. Normally we only have extended check outs until 1:00 p.m. but we do try to be as flexible as we can as I know that plans can change. We thought that your room was still due to check out so the housekeeper moved on to her stay-over rooms so you would have as much undisturbed time as possible in the room. The housekeeper with your room on her list left at 3:00 p.m. unfortunately and the message for your extension and to receive only towels may have not been relayed. I do apologize for this miss-communication and assure you that all of our staff have been properly refreshed on these procedures.

I do hope that, if you return to visit San Antonio or are just passing through on your travels, you consider our hotel to accommodate you again. Pleasing our guests is our main concern and I hope the rest of your stay with us was to your liking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our truck had to go into the shop across the street and we were in need of a room at the last minute. With only a suite left available, they negotiated the price, gave us a ride to the store and even held the room for several days in anticipation of our needing it further, which we were did. The service was outstanding!

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Elena is an amazing worker she has worked with me on booking rooms for the company I work for...She has gone over and beyond for us even when it's last min.. I love working with her and she always make sure she I have all the information I need for billing reason my guys always telling me great things I have even made it a point to meet her one day I left work a little early " Thanks Best Western "

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rupesh P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for that glowing review! Elena was so thrilled to see your compliments. She really is a shining star in our books. She as well as our other team members always try to ensure both individual guests and companies have ease of reservations as well as check in's & check outs. We look forward to continuing working with you and your company. Call us directly when you are ready to make your next reservation. Have a great day!
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western many times during my business trips to San Antonio. These trips lasted over a month, so the Best Western really became my home away from home. The staff were always very helpful. Whether I needed to schedule an early breakfast, check out and print invoices at strange hours of the night, or get some extra towels for the pool - the staff never failed to impress me. I found that I began to trust and rely on them, and I wasn't disappointed. Elena at the reception desk was my go-to for all my needs, and besides being helpful, she was very friendly. If you decide to stay at the Best Western you will know what I mean!

Besides all of this, I want to single out the beds. During my various stays, I spent nights in many rooms. All of the beds are huge, there are extra pillows... pretty much I wish I had some beds like that at home. The location is a little outside San Antonio, but I found that it was much more convenient and quiet to stay here than somewhere more downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was very comfortable and clean! The Service Representative was a young woman named Elena, she was excellent and even opened the breakfast up late for my daughter after we missed closing. She is an absolute asset to your company! We will be visiting again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Most times you get what you pay for, this is typically true in service based Industries. My experience staying at this establishment far exceeded my expectations, the service and staff I found to be quite exceptional for what i paid. Most notably I found the hotel attendant Elena to be quite genuinely friendly and accommodating to the most mundane details of my stay there. Really an over all rare experience of quality service for a reasonable price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The guest service Rep Elena was very nice and helpful. Everyone always had a smile and willing to help me with any questions I had. The breakfast was wonderful.Also the conscience of booking directly makes life easier.

• Stayed July 2013