“Great Service Friendly Staff!!”

Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great Service Friendly Staff!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Most times you get what you pay for, this is typically true in service based Industries. My experience staying at this establishment far exceeded my expectations, the service and staff I found to be quite exceptional for what i paid. Most notably I found the hotel attendant Elena to be quite genuinely friendly and accommodating to the most mundane details of my stay there. Really an over all rare experience of quality service for a reasonable price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The guest service Rep Elena was very nice and helpful. Everyone always had a smile and willing to help me with any questions I had. The breakfast was wonderful.Also the conscience of booking directly makes life easier.

• Stayed July 2013
Longview, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel on business. Fair priced and clean rooms and good breakfast. But what sets this hotel stand apart from the rest is the excellent professional staff. They are always ready and willing to help and always try to make you feel at home. If you get the chance to stay here be sure to ask for Elena. All other Best Western hotels and there staffs could learn a lesson or two from this young lady about how to treat a customer.
Evan S.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Evan S
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This Best Weatern is a great deal for the money. I travel for my job and stay in hotels often. This Best Weatern is among the nicer hotels and offer fridgerators in the room. They even have kitchenette suites. The beds are comfy, with SHOWTIME and an outdoor pool.
If my truck breaks down here again, I know where I will be staying

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank FifeFindsFood
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Best Western has sunk to new lows in regards to increasing profits. As of a customer of this hotel from 6/3 - 6/5/13, I had an experience that will not be forgotten. I was having a very nice stay until I bought an issue to the attention of the hotel staff. On 6/4/13, I filed a complaint with the front desk clerk (Elena) to inform that I had smelled smoke during the previous night. The clerk informed that due to the diagram of the ductwork, the smoke could be coming from other rooms. At 12:35AM (not PM), the Asst Mgr (Avani) calls my room to inform that there has been a complaint of smoke coming from MY room. I informed the manager that I am not a smoke and for her to come to my room b/c I had been smelling smoke from the previous night. What I did not know at the time was that since my room was near the exit door, a smoking can was located in that area. During the exchange, another member of the staff indicated that he smelled marijuana and made an attempt to indicate that I was responsible for that smell, which really infuriated me! I pointed this out the Asst Mgr hoping the matter would be cleared. Upon my checkout on 6/5/13, the front desk clerk (Elena) went into the back to speak with the manager. I also found out that Elena went to my room to inspect it without informing me or asking me to come along. At this time, I requested a receipt, in which Elena refused to provide, saying the manager would be in contact. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was denied. Elena's behavior became very unprofessional and I could not continue with the exchange because I had to catch my flight. Upon arriving back to my home, I went online to validate all my credit card charges and behold, the hotel added a smoking charge to my bill! In doing some online research, I have seen that this is becoming a common occurrence among Best Western hotels. I would make sure to avoid this property on my next visit to San Antonio and add it to my company's profile of establishments that do not respect their customers.

Room Tip: Take pictures of the room upon arrival and departure. This will ensure that you have documenation in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank KenS1204
Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Here at Best Western Plus San Antonio East we immediately act upon guest comments or reports of any issues whether this may be a complaint of smoke, noise or other. In these situations, we always aim to track down the source of the issue to prevent ongoing occurrence by checking nearby rooms and rooms on other floors. This same procedure had been followed when you raised your initial issue and again when another guest had reported the smell of smoke from your room. Elena was correct in letting you know that you would not get a receipt for your room as you had booked this through a third party. Staff at this hotel are friendly and courteous, as we want each guest to feel welcomed and fully enjoy their stay. I am sorry for not exceeding your expectations, I hope that this does not retract from your decision to stay in the future.
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Date of stay: 16/05/13. We had a great time in the hotel. Room, breakfast and the staff were excellent. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly. We had the best breakfast ever. The room was clean and we felt really safe.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Staff is GREAT!! Property is in good repair and clean! Good place to rest and get good sleep!! Stopped in late at night after a long day was treated very well!
After leaving the next morning they discovered I had left my medicine in bathroom. Promptly called me and made arrangements for me to pick it up when I was on return trip next night.When I came back the clerk remembered me and they had my medicine secured away with my name and information on it! Very Good service and very friendly!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gene F
Rupesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your very positive comments in your review. We are delighted that you had a great experience with our staff and felt that you were treated very well! Here at Best Western Plus San Antonio East, we make sure each guest is made to feel welcome and comfortable in our friendly environment. We take great pride in our property to ensure it is clean and well maintained to high standards. We always attempt to contact guests as soon as we are aware of any forgotten items and will gladly hold on to these for collection, or return them to you. Hope you got some good sleep on our cozy beds! Thank you for your high ratings in individual categories. We look forward to seeing you again.